Chapter 7

I feel so much better now.

Buti na lang at Sunday ngayon at walang klase. Naalala ko naman ang susi ko at mamaya ko na lang siguro kukunin sa kanya.

Naisip ko naman ano pwedeng ibagay sa kanya. Nahiya naman ako ng maisip mga nagawa niya.

Gagawa na nga lang ako ng pasta. Nagugutom na ako.

Nagluto na ako ng pasta at hindi ko napansin na sobrang dami ko palang naluto. Naisipan ko naman na bigyan na lang siya.

Kinain ko na ang pasta at binilisan ko maligo.

Napatigil naman ako sa sarili ko. Ano nga ba 'tong ginagawa ko?

I sighed. Mukha na akong tanga.

Nilagay ko na yung pasta sa isang paperbag at lumabas na sa unit ko. Pinindot ko na ang elevator at bumukas naman 'to agad.

Pinindot ko na ang floor niya at ilang seconds nasa floor niya na ako.

I suddenly felt hesitant. Tama nga ba 'tong ginagawa ko? It's just an expression of gratitude, right? Tama ganun na nga lang.

I rang the doorbell and waited.

Kaso nagulat ako at iba ang nakita ko.

Her boyfriend.

"What the hell are you doing here?" biglang niyang sagot.

"I'm looking for Micaella," I said.

Bigla naman nito hinawakan ang damit ko.

"What did you just say? What do you want from my girlfriend, you fucking stalker?"

"Babe? Anong nangyayare?" I heard her voice from inside. She stepped out and her eyes immediately widened as she saw what was going on.

"What are you doing Michael! Let go of him!" she said and tried to stop her boyfriend.

"Eto ba ang ginagawa mo? Are you fucking cheating on me with this bastard?" tinaasan niya na ang boses ang girlfriend.

What a jerk. Who the fuck would yell like that to his own girlfriend?

"I'm not cheating!" she shouted. "Why can't you just trust me? I've told you a million times!"

"I'm not getting your girl," nasabi ko na rin sa kanya kaso isang suntok ang nakuha ko dito.

"Michael!" sigaw niya.

What a fucking bastard.

I tasted blood in my mouth and wiped it.

"Shut up mother fucker," galit nitong saad.

"No. You're the one who needs to shut up. I didn't even do anything to her. You didn't even gave her a chance to speak what was going on between us," sagot ko dito.

"You are nothing but a psycho jerk who's addicted to her but can't even trust her," I added.

"Sino ka para sabihan ako ng mga ganyan?" he shouted and gave me another punch which made me collapse to the floor.

"Enough!" sigaw ni Micaella.

"Look Michael, that's enough! He has nothing to do with us!"

She's angry. I could see her clenching her jaw.

"Then care to tell why is he here? Why does he know your unit? If that ain't cheating, that's bullshit."

"You know what your problem is? You don't listen. You're all mouth and never ears. Try it sometimes. He's here because I said so, I got something of his that he needs," she raised her hand before he could say anything.

"It's his keys because he got sick and almost collapsed. Wouldn't you also do the same? Or you'll just leave the body alone like murderer?"

He was about to say something again but she placed her hands over his mouth.

"Don't even dare to counter that one or else, I'll fucking let you leave this place right now!"

She let go of her hands and it made him really shut up. Now, who's under now? That jerk deserves it but he doesn't deserve her.

Nilapitan naman ako ni Micaella at umupo sa harap ko. She gave me my keys on my hands. Damn, her hands are soft. Tangina, bugbog ka na nga at yung kamay pa niya inalala mo?

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "He got a huge temper issues."

I stared at the jerk. "I can tell."

"I'm really sorry but promise me you'll take care of yourself?" she said and pointed my bruises on my face.

I just nodded. Tatayo na sana to ng hinila ko 'to ng slight.

"Be careful." I whispered.

"Don't worry. I'll kick his ass before he can do anything else to me."

Tumayo na 'to at tinulungan niya rin ako. I gave the paperbag that I was holding.

"Take it. I made it. Don't worry, I just wanted to give you something for everything that you did. It's an act of gratitude and nothing else."

She smiled. "Thank you."

I smiled back. Hinila na nito ang jowa niya sa tenga nito at pumasok na sa unit niya.

He doesn't deserve you.

***