Would you? | KiraSaya

art: either from the manga or a doujin, please tell me if you know which.

Sorry it took long! Heres a bit of fan made Sayaka back story+what happened after the tower. (And I may have changed some dialogue, sorry)

Hinted(?) Child abuse and homophobia

┍━━━━━♥♠♣♦━━━━━┑

"If your best friend jumped off a bridge, would you follow?" Sayaka was always asked those words growing up whenever her parents found out she made a new friend that they saw 'unfit'. This was a big contributer as why she never really had much friends. And of course, Sayaka always responded the same.

"Of course not...." She said those words because going against them would result in yelling, vulgar words would be spat at her. Unfortunately, she learned that the hard way. The first time it had happened was when she first started school. She met a blonde girl, she couldn't remember her name. But she remembered how beautiful her eyes were. And as any normal kid would do, she told her parents. And she had also asked for overalls that matched her friend's.

The moment the story she told was finished, both were brought into rage.

"My daughter will not become a tool of the devil!" Her father screamed.

They shouted and her ears rang. She begged them to stop, but in the end they washed her mouth with soap.

And then they asked her that cursed question.

"If she were to jump off a bridge, would you jump after her?" Her mother asked, it was barely even a question, and more of a demand for an answer.

"I-" the girl had started, but then she saw her fathers eyes. Full of fire, burning into her.

"If there were water underneath.....maybe I would." She told them. It made her wish she didnt. They hit her hard enough to bruise her cheek and split her lip. She came the school the next day avoiding the blonde girl with determined eyes. She never saw them again as far as she could remember.......but Soatome's eyes just seemed so nostalgic to look at.

The next was when she was in middle school. She met a boy, she didn't remember his name either, but it didn't matter. She called him collar-kun anyway, after his necklace with a bell on it kept ringing after she bumped into him. It reminds her of a puppy, so the name stuck. He was warm and kind, but he was a coward and got startled easily. She still didn't care, but she did when she made a mistake of telling her parents again.

They started questioning her, what family was he from? What was his status? She tried to answer them. But she was met with their disappointment.

"Oh, wouldnt you like a more....useful man?" Her mother asked. Sayaka didn't know what she meant, Collar-Kun was a great friend. She told them that, he even kissed his cheek after he gave her his handkerchief after she fell and scraped her knee.

She should have just kept that part to herself. They stared at her with wide eyes, and then they ranted about how he could end up being a delinquent. It didn't make sense, he was sweet, he would never become a delinquent. And his yellow eyes were just as pretty as her old friend.

"If he jumped off a building, would you go with him?" Her father asked this time. And she responded truthfully.

"If it were to save him then I-" Sayaka didn't get to finish her sentence. As her father pulled her hair and suffocated her into a tub of water until she passed out. She's learned to not go against them.

And years passed, she changed schools- a gambling school. She never fit in well, she wasn't popular and nor did she know how to gamble well. Then she met a white haired student, she brought her out of her shell and she felt like she was on top of the world, on the highest mountain that nobody has yet to see.

It all came crumbling down when the Jabami came. She dug the sides of the mountain and it grew unstable. She felt her feet slip from the loose dirt. And then she felt the air of the door of the tower being opened. She stared up at the moon, and then back at the two others behind her. She took a deep breath, and jumped.

"If you were to jump off a maze tower, would she follow?"

Sayaka's eyes snapped open as she felt arms wrap around her. She followed, how could she be so stupid?!

She glanced at the ever nearing ground, and then gripped the other girl, hoping to take the impact of the landing to save her- to save her president.

But to her surprise, it didn't hurt. She landed on something soft, she turned her head to the side, and there she was. Kirari, her president, was laughing. Clear joy in her eyes. Kirari was alright, and Sayaka was relieved. She asked her why and the other responded with amusement.

"If you were to jump off anything. I would always follow, I'm afraid I can't imagine myself living in a world without you. My dear Sayaka."

Those words burned an arrow into her heart. She didn't even register anything else that happened after. She just knows that she's laying and Kirari's lap as she played with her hair. Careful to not touch the bandage on her forehead. And as Sayaka and Kirari slowly drifted off to sleep. Sayaka knew what she would say the next time her parents asked her that cursed question.

"What would you do if your best friend jumped off a building?"

"I would follow her. Because she would do the same thing to me. And I can't imagine a world without her. My wonderful president, Kirari."