Chapter 18 Iron Guild

It was a week after the Fantasia Parade, and Akari and her Pokemon are hanging out in the guild to see the results of the Miss Fairy Tail Pageant.

"Why don't you just tell us Max?" a member shouted.

"Why do we have to do this reveal?" another member shouted.

"This isn't manly!" Elfman shouted.

"What's going on?" Lucy asked as she walked up to Akari who was seated in a booth away from the stage.

"Max is gonna reveal the results of the Miss Fairy Tail Contest by that covered poster on stage. He's just stalling at the moment. He loves the attention," she explained.

"And now the results!" Max shouted.

"Oh Juvia is so excited!" Juvia shouted, "Surely Gray darling will love me now!"

"Oshawott!" Oshawott shouted even if he didn't know what was going on.

"I let you play a princess on my float with Gray..." Akari muttered under her breath.

Max reached for the cover, but unfortunately for him, Banette who was hiding under the floor, decided to jump out and scare him.

"Banette!" Banette shouted.

Max let out an undignified scream and fell down, knocking his poster to the ground.

"What a scream Max," teased several of the members.

"Banette! I will get you someday!" Max shouted as he jumped back up.

Banette snickered before going back to Akari who gave it a loving pat on the head.

"Now our Miss Fairy Tail winner!" Max shouted as he swooped down and grabbed the poster. He ripped the cloth off and revealed the winners.

In first place was Erza Scarlet. In second place was Lucy Heartfilia. In the third place was Akari Williams. In the fourth place was Juvia Lockser. In the fifth place was Bisca Mulan. In the sixth place was Levy McGarden. In the seventh place was Cana Alberona. In the eighth place was Mirajane Strauss.

"Congratulations you guys!" shouted the men of Fairy Tail.

"If you ask me, you should have won Akari," Loke told her as he popped in real quick.

"I thought you would be cheering for Lucy."

"Oh I did, but you know my girls come first. I mean poor Piplup and Eevee. Those girls worked hard too," he said as he gave Banette a rub on its head too.

"Yeah they did, but I bet they'll be okay. Lucy was really wanting it this year," she said, "I can settle for third place again."

Loke gave her one of his stunning smiles.

"Akari! I need you in my office right away!" Master Makarov shouted as he came out to the main guild hall.

"I guess I'd better go see what he needs," Akari told him.

"Sure. I'll see you later," Loke responded as he popped back to the Celestial Spirit World.

"Let's go Banette," she told it as she made her way to the Master's office. She entered the room and saw Gajeel sitting in a chair.

"Hello Akari. I'm here to let you know that I have a job request for you," Master Makarov told her.

Akari sat down in the chair next to Gajeel.

"There is a town surrounded in iron which is why I have Gajeel here," Master Makarov continued.

Gajeel turned to look at her.