Chapter 11 Make a Bet or a Show

Akari and her team came back to Magnolia safely and soon headed off a bandit job in which Team Natsu destroyed as much as they saved. Now they were resting in the guild hall once again.

"What are you so sad about, Lucy?" Mira asked.

"I'm out of money!" Lucy wailed.

"I thought the last job had a large sum," Mira said.

"It did, but Natsu, Gray, and Erza knocked so many buildings down that we had to give up the reward and pay the town back," Akari explained.

"If this keeps up, I won't be able to pay this month's rent!" Lucy continued to sob.

"I would offer a suggestion, but I also have the same problem most of the time."

"How about I recommend a job for you! It's right up your alley, and you won't have to worry about anything getting destroyed," Mira said with a wink.

"Oh boy, I'm going to see Cana," Akari said and sauntered off.

"Hey Akari! What's up with you?" Cana said.

"I bet you one hundred thousand jewels that we break stuff on the next job. Mira is currently giving Lucy a Natsu proof job."

"Hmm, I'm not betting against you, but I know who will," Cana said before calling Elfman, Wakaba, and Macao over.

"What's up, Cana?" They said.

"Who wants to bet for Mira? She just gave Lucy a Natsu proof job," Cana said.

"We're in!" They said.

"Nobody bets against my sister!" Elfman shouted.

Akari and Cana couldn't stop smirking before high fiving each other after the boys left. Mira could be smart, but she was also a terrible strategist. They'd have the jewels in no time.

This was how Akari stayed ahead on jewels when going on jobs with Natsu. She made bets. Bets on what he broke. Bets on how much he broke. Bets on who broke what. The list goes on.

***
The team has now arrived in Onibas for job that Mira gave Lucy.

So we're just supposed to use our magic to gain customers for this theater?" Gray asked.

"Osha?" Oshawott asked in tandem.

"Yep! Natsu will make fire, and I'll just have Lyra sing some songs," Lucy explained.

Akari could hear Erza practicing her vocal warmups behind them.

"I don't think we're the ones singing," she whispered to Banette.

Akari could also hear Lucy going on about learning theater stuff for her novel.

They soon arrived at the doorstep of the theater.

"Are you the folks from Fairy Tail?" the director asked.

"Yep! We're here to help with staging!" Lucy said cheerfully.

The director explained that all of his actors quite, and that he had lost his job and wife over this. This seemed to be a red flag for Akari, but Erza stepped in an volunteered them as actors. He agreed, but Akari was sure she heard him call them amateurs in a condescending way. She was ready to walk out, but Erza wouldn't let her.

They spent several days rehearsing and building the props and sets. Natsu was gonna play the fire breathing dragon along with Happy. Erza was gonna play the knight while Gray an evil prince. Lucy was gonna be a princess, and Akari was gonna play an evil witch. Oshawott and Banette were gonna be her evil creatures, and Lyra was gonna narrate with her singing.