t w e l v e

"Come on! You're now officially late to your own party." Violet whines, stomping her foot on the floor like a five year old. I laugh at her, standing to my feet. I was finishing my costume by putting on my shoes. This year I was an angel, I think I looked pretty hot.

"I'm ready, let's go." I hold Violet's hand as he she drags me down the stairs. She was Bonnie and Liam was Clyde. I let Violet decorate my house anyway she wanted this year and she went all out to say this least. The music was blaring and it was all my favorite songs being played. Liam hands me a shot of tequila and I thank him. The three of us take our shots together and then Violet hands me a beer. Everyone started cheering once they realized I was downstairs.

"Good chaser." I laugh and she takes me around my living room and kitchen to show me the decorations she did. We end up in the middle of the living room, dancing along with everyone in the room.

"I hope you have a good night tonight, you deserve it." Violet tells me as she puts her hands on my waist so we could match our rhythms. I thank her and then we dance in silence, just trying to not fall. We weren't the best dancers.

"Can I talk to Chels for a second?" I turn and see Harry standing there, in a sparkly baseball player costume. Violet excuses herself to find Liam. I follow Harry onto the couch with my beer in hand.

"I like your costume." I remark, using my hand to feel the texture of his costume. It was surprisingly not as rough as I thought it was going to be.

"I like your costume." He tells me and I feel my cheeks heating up. My costume was revealing in all the right places and that's why I liked it but now that I'm wearing it, it's making me feel a little exposed.

"Thanks."

"Oh! Happy birthday, Peterson." He pulls a present out of his back pocket and I furrow my eyebrows. The only person who gives me presents at this point in my life is Violet and Ben. Will sucks at gift giving and my parents are usually out of town.

"What is it?" I ask, prepared to open it but he places his hand on mine, stopping me from opening it. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Open it later, alone." He says and it was his turn to blush now. I set it on the couch and Harry's hand ends up on my leg. He doesn't move it and I don't mind.

"So? Is this the party you dreamed of?" He asks me, leaning further into the couch.

"I don't really care about the party, I just let Violet plan it because she loves throwing parties." I shrug and he nods, listening to me. I look up, into his eyes. He doesn't say anything and neither do I. Something happens and for some reason, I start leaning in to kiss him.

"Bro! I didn't know you were here already." I pull back, startled by Will's presence. I feel my entire face turn red as Will jumps over the couch, onto the seat next to me. I grab my present from Harry before Will can smash it.

"Yeah, I just got here." Harry clears his throat, taking his hand off my leg.

"I'm going to get another drink." I excuse myself and make my way into the kitchen. I find a beer that hasn't been opened yet and use basically all of my strength to open it. I take a big gulp with my eyes closed.

"Happy birthday, Chels." A guy from the football team tells me and I thank him. I look around the house and try to find someone to talk to whether it be Ben, Violet, or just an acquaintance. I don't find anyone so I just continue to drink. I've drank three beers and joined a group for two shots by the time Violet finds me.

"Are you drunk?" She laughs, holding me up so I don't fall from laughing.

"Just a little. It's my birthday, I'm allowed to." I try to excuse my actions since I don't usually get drunk because it makes me tired.