o n e

AUGUST

"Is she...okay? How is she?" I hear the, unfortunately, familiar voice from outside of my bedroom, on the other side of my door.

"I don't know, I mean it's been a month how long does it take to get over a break up?" My brother, Will, asks his friend.

"It's not like Jacob is making it easy for her to get over it. What a dick." I hear Harry sneer and I sigh. I couldn't just continue to lay in bed while I could hear them.

"Shut up!" I groan loudly, rolling over in my bed, furthering my cocoon of blankets.

"Shit." Will mutters before one of them knocks on my door. They don't wait for my permission before they come stomping in, ruining my peace and quiet.

"Can we talk to you, Chelsea?" My brother asks me, nervously fidgeting next to Harry who looked just as uncomfortable.

"Oh my God, what?" I sigh, sitting up in my bed.

"Well, school is starting back up and we wanted to make sure you were okay, you know, considering..." Harry trails off but I knew what he meant. He meant considering Jacob and I broke up a month ago because I caught that piece of shit fucking another girl in his bed, except they obviously did not know of the cheating.

"I'll be fine, can you two chill?"

"I mean we would be chill if you hadn't cooped yourself up this entire month, and your room didn't look like this, or if your room didn't smell like you have a month old takeout in here." I take a second to look around my room and see what they mean. Clothes were scattered around my room, clean and dirty, empty glasses, random books, and all of the pictures of Jacob and I were ripped up on the floor.

"What do you even care? You've never asked if I was okay before." Memories flashed in my mind of all the times bad things have happened to me and Will was never there to help me.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." Harry intervenes before an argument started between Will and I. I raise an eyebrow at the honesty from him. Since when did he care about me?

"Thanks, I guess. Can you two leave now?" I ask and lay back down before they could give me a response. The two of them left my room quietly, shutting the door behind him.

I continue to stare out my window, replaying the moment I caught Jacob cheating on me in my head. It was a never ending replay.