f i f t e e n

"You've grown into a full, curvy woman Chelsea. Really." I chug my coke and rum as I listen to my Uncle Steve. I was thankful that the aunt I actually like, Rain, snuck the rum into my drink.

"Gee, thanks, uncle Steve..." I sigh, leaning away from him on the couch. I could smell the alcohol on his breath and he was uncomfortably close, no matter how far I leaned away. Dinner was still at least an hour away from being done. Ben was in the corner talking to George, Will was on his phone, Violet and Liam were somewhere making out and my parents were conversing with my family so I was stuck with my uncle.

"Anne! You all made it!" I hear my mom say and I look at the front door. It was Anne, Harry, Gemma, her husband Tucker, and her two kids. Will jumps up to greet his friend and his family.

"So, you got a boyfriend now? I'm sure the boys fight each other just to get near you, sweetheart." My uncle leans in closer and I roll my eyes, drinking the last half of my drink in one go.

"Oh, look. My drink is empty, better go refill it." I don't wait for him to respond before I'm out of my seat and practically running into the kitchen. That man had been talking to me for forty five minutes.

"More?" Rain asks me and I nod. I pour more coke in my cup as she pours the rum. She was hiding out in the kitchen with the caterers.

"Is Steve bothering you again?"

"He does it every year."

"I'm waiting for the year you just knock him out." She laughs and I nod, sipping my drink.

"My parents would love that. I better go back out there. Have fun here."

"I'll have more fun than you will."

"Definitely." I mutter, going back out to the living room.

"Chelsea! Come sit next to me again." My uncle catches me as I try to walk past him. I come to a halt and slowly turn around to face him.

"Of course." A fake smile takes over my face as I sit in my seat again.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" Harry asks, showing up out of no where with a drink in hand.

"Sure thing, son. You can take a seat right here." Steve pats the seat next to him that was empty.

"Thanks." Harry says, ignoring the spot Steve was patting and shimming his way in between Steve and I. I hold back my laughter at the look of shock on Steve's face.

"Hi, Peterson."

"Hi, Harry." I grin, still holding back my laughter. He smiles too as Steve excuses himself. I don't think he liked the fact Harry was basically sitting on his lap.

"Gee, guy doesn't know how to take a joke I guess." Harry raises his eyebrows and takes a sip from his drink. I look in his cup and sniff.

"Are you drinking rum?" I ask him and he nods, pointing to the kitchen.

"Rain gave it to me as soon as I got here."

"Me too!" I raise my cup and he clinks his drink with mine.

"What a woman, looking out for the kids." He takes another sip and I laugh at him.

"Dinner is ready!" My mom announces to the room and everyone cheers quietly. Everyone files into the dinning room. I take a seat in between Anne and Harry and across from Will. I fill my plate with turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and stuffing.

"Gross, stuffing?" Harry asks me while passing the pees to his mom.

"Who doesn't like stuffing? It's a thanksgiving staple." I tell him and he playfully elbows me.

"So, Chelsea. Still planning on becoming an artist?" My annoying aunt, Marissa, asks me. She was sitting across from Harry.

"We're just jumping on in, aren't we?" I bat my eyelashes, trying to convey she was already annoying me.

"Will just told me he's still pursuing football. Just thought I'd ask."

"Yep. Still art, aunt Marissa." I sigh, gripping my fork tightly.

"I'll never understand artists. They complain about not making enough money when they know going into the career will never lead them to actually earning enough money to live off of."

My eye twitches and I'm about to say a snarky comment but I feel a hand on my thigh. I look under the table for a split second and see Harry's hand on my leg. I smile to myself as Anne starts speaking.

"That's a one point of view, yes. But I own an art gallery as well as paint myself and I'd say I make a decent amount of money. I mean I do have my own house, I help my kids when they need it, and I still have enough money to take at least four vacations a year, whenever and wherever I want. Do you, Marissa?" Anne snaps back in a polite voice that makes everyone go quiet. Marissa's face turns red, realizing she just got her ass handed to her.

"So I have a school trip soon." Ben interjects, changing the subject. I know everyone is thankful for him in that moment. We all listen to Ben and I expect Harry to remove his hand after I've calmed down. But he doesn't and I'm glad.