s e v e n t e e n

DECEMBER

My body jolts awake from the aggressive knocking on my door. I look at my phone and see that it's almost three in the morning. The knocking continues so I drag my body out of bed. I open the door and see an urgent looking Harry. He comes into my room, shutting the door behind him.

"What are you doing? It's the middle of the night." I sigh, running my hand through my hair.

"Sorry, Will just fell asleep. I wanted to tell you something."

"What?"

"I'm taking you on a date. Tomorrow night, I mean today I guess."

It had been a week since Harry and I kissed. We hadn't really had a chance to discuss it because Will was catching on we were friends and doing everything in his power to always be around us. I play with the end of my sweater as he tells me he wants to take me on a date.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Um, okay. I'd be happier right now it's just the fact that it's the middle of the night."

"Right. I'll see you tomorrow." He grins and walks closer to me. He puts his hands on my cheeks and pulls me in for a kiss. It was short and sweet, like we did this all the time. He pulls away, a smile still on his face.

I grin as I watch him walk out of my room, shutting the door behind him. I fall onto my bed with a smile.

- - -

"Let's get the fuck out of here before Will sees us." I huff, slamming Harry's car door. He speeds off, far away from my house.

"An interesting way to start off a date." Harry remarks while he drives. I laugh in response, buckling my seat belt.

"Where are you taking me? I didn't know how to dress because you wouldn't tell me anything." I say, examine my outfit. I had on a pair of black boots with a plaid skirt and a black turtleneck with a sweater beside me in case we were outside.

"It's a surprise." He wiggles his eyebrows at me. He intertwines our fingers and a smile creeps up on my face. We sit next to each other in silence with the radio playing as background noise. It takes about thirty minutes to get where we were supposed to go. He parks in front of a play ground. Thank god I brought my sweater, it was freezing outside.

"What are we doing here?" I ask and he doesn't say anything. He gets out of the car and walks around to open my door. I thank him, climbing out of the car. I could see some lights from far away which made me even more curious. He holds my hand, pulling me along with him.

We end up under a gazebo that has fairy lights wrapped around it. I look around the playground and it feels so familiar. I turn to see Harry staring at me.

"So? Do you remember?"

"No, remember what?" I laugh and he shakes his head at me.

"This is where we met when I was six and you were five. I mean not in this spot it was actually over at the monkey bars but the monkey bars are as romantic."

- - -

I stare at Will as he plays with his friends and I'm stuck here, sitting in the mulch. I huff, crossing my arms. Why didn't anyone like me? I see Will saying something to his friends and pointing to the monkey bars. He tries to make it across to the other end of the monkey bars but fails, falling to his feet. His friends try to do it too but they all end up falling down. I get up, dusting the mulch off my shorts, and walk over to them.

"Chelsea, what are you doing? Go play with some girls." Will scolds me and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I want to climb the monkey bars." For some reason, this makes all the boys laugh, including Will. I stomp my foot in annoyance.

"You're just a little girl, Chelsea. Go play princess or some dumb girly thing!" Will continues to laugh at me.

I push Will out of the way to get ready to climb the monkey bars. I jump up, barely grabbing the bars. I make it half way across before my fingers slip and I fall onto the ground. The boys behind me erupt in laughter. I look up, seeing a boy with curly hair standing in front of me.

"Are you okay?" He asks, helping me stand up. He brushes the mulch off my hands, making sure they weren't bleeding.

"I'm fine. I just wanted to get across the monkey bars." Before the curly haired boy can respond Will starts calling him.

"Harry, let's go play soccer!"

- - -

"You're right." I say, vividly remembering the day we met.

"Well, duh. I'm not just bringing you to some random play ground as a joke." He smacks my forehead lightly and I playfully push him away. "The rest of the plan was just to watch the stars and maybe go somewhere to get coffee."

"Sounds good to me."

Harry lays down a blanket and we lay down, staring up at the stars. I never thought I'd be laying here with Harry like this. I never thought we would even be friends. I sit up and my hair falls, framing my face. I look at Harry and I place my hand on his chest.

"What?" He asks me with a confused look on his face. I lean down, kissing him softly. He puts his hand on the back of my neck, deepening the kiss. My stomach does flips as his other hand holds onto my hip. I pull away, breathless.

"What was that for?" He asks me and I shrug, laying back down.

"I'm just really happy you're in my life."

I hate this chapter so much so sorry :( if it sucks