f o u r t e e n

"My mom says the party starts at seven on Thursday." I say, dropping my books on my desk loudly. I was exhausted, I didn't finish my essay until three in the morning. I ended up talking with Harry until midnight so when we hung up I still had half my essay to do and it was due the following day. Today was the last day of school before Thanksgiving break. Since Harry's family didn't really celebrate it they were always invited to my moms parties.

"Nice, I love your family's thanksgiving parties." Harry offers me one of the coffees on his desk and I thank him, taking it from him.

"Yeah my favorite part is when my aunt tells me my art is pointless and my uncle makes crude comments." I roll my eyes, drinking my coffee.

"Hey, we're friends now. I'll stand up for you." He grins at me and I laugh at him right as Ms. Waters starts talking about our essays.

- - -

"Chelsea, wake up. I have to ask you a question." Violet pokes me with her pencil and I groan, keeping my head on the table with my eyes closed. It was lunch and I was trying to catch up on sleep.

"Yes, Liam can come to the party." I mumble, trying to fall back asleep. I hear her squeal with excitement.

"Thanks, Chels." Liam tells me and I grunt in response. The two of them had gotten very serious lately and I was happy for them. I catch a second of Ben's conversation with George and he was also inviting him to our party. All of these people being invited along with my family wouldn't be a big deal, my mom liked to go big or go home.

"Chels, is mom doing the pumpkin pies this year?" Ben asks me and I groan louder than before. I sit up, getting rid of the idea of getting some sleep before the rest of the school day.

"Yes, she is. She's doing that and the apple pies and the chocolate cake." I tell him and a smile fills George's face.

"Cool, pumpkin is George's favorite." Ben tells me and I nod, running a hand through my hair.

I look over at the table where all the football players sit and see Harry, already looking at me. I see Jacob coming over to their table but once he sees Harry he does a 360. I furrow my eyebrows and see Jacob has a black eye and a cut on his lip as well as his broken nose from the football practice. Where did he get the split lip and black eye? I look over at Harry again and see him glaring at Jacob from across the room. I pull out my phone and text Harry.

wtf happened to jacob's face? did u do that?

I stare at Harry until he checks his phone. His fingers type fast and soon enough, my phone is vibrating again.

harry: noooo not meeee. he must've fallen I swearrrrr

I scoff at his text. I look up to see Harry giving me a cocky smile. I roll my eyes and put my phone back on the table. I look up again but see Will staring at me and Harry. I look back at my table quickly with my eyes wide. I mean it's not like Harry and I are dating but I also didn't want to deal with Will's attitude because Harry and I are friends.