Yogeshwara

''A continual resort to meditation, dhyāna-yoga-paro nityam, is the firm means by which the soul of man can realise its self of Power and its self of silence. And yet there must be no abandonment of the active life for a life of pure meditation; action must always be done as a sacrifice to the supreme Spirit. This movement of recoil in the path of Sannyasa prepares an absorbed disappearance of the individual in the Eternal, and renunciation of action and life in the world is an indispensable step in the process. 

But in the Gita's path of Tyaga it is a preparation rather for the turning of our whole life and existence and of all action into an integral oneness with the serene and immeasurable being, consciousness and will of the Divine, and it preludes and makes possible a vast and total passing upward of the soul out of the lower ego to the inexpressible perfection of the supreme spiritual nature, parā prakṛti.''

Sri Aurobindo - Essays on the Gita

विविक्तसेवी लघ्वाशी यतवाक्कायमानसः ।ध्यानयोगपरो नित्यं वैराग्यं समुपाश्रितः ॥[Bhagavad Gita 18]

ध्यानयोगपरो नित्यं वैराग्यं समुपाश्रितः ॥[Bhagavad Gita 18]

Transliteration

viviktasevī laghvāśī yatavākkāyamānasaḥ,
dhyānayogaparo nityaṁ vairāgyaṁ samupāśritaḥ.

**Anvaya

विविक्त-सेवी, लघु-आशी, यत-वाक्‌-काय-मानसः, नित्यम्‌ ध्यान-योग-परः, वैराग्यम्‌ समुपाश्रितः।
(इस श्लोक का अन्वय अगले श्लोक में निहित है।)

**

Sri Aurobindo's Interpretation

Resorting to impersonal solitude, abstemious, speech, body and mind controlled, constantly united with the inmost self by meditation, completely giving up desire and attachment - one is fit to become the Brahman.