21. Communication

"Are you sad?" Grayson asked his childhood friend. The younger boy who was only five years old, nodded. His head was bowed down: his eyes brimming with tears were casted down on his lap.

Mew had been gone for a week now. Arthit knew and felt that his father was never coming back. He saw his mother cry in the bedroom, hugging Mew's photo to his chest.

Grayson sat closer to his friend by the bench behind the Rojnapat house. He spread his arms and engulfed the younger boy in his hug. "Even if he's far away now, he's always going to be around, you know..." Grayson said, trying to mimic his mother's words when he asked what death was. He wanted so badly to comfort Arthit but he didn't know what words to say.

Arthit looked up, eyes searching for truth on what Grayson said. "What does that mean?"

Grayson smiled and lifted Arthit's forefinger and pointed it to his chest. "Here... He's always going to be here."

"Really?"

"Yep," Grayson replied, nodding. A sad smile appeared on his lips as he remembered the time his mother told him about it. His father died when he was only five, too. He didn't like seeing the people crying during the mourning. He didn't like the feeling when his mother cried. Now seeing his friend crying, his chest hurt even more. He was sad for him, perhaps even angry.

"Thank you, P'Gray..." Arthit softly uttered. The corner of his eyes were red from him rubbing his tears off.

Grayson wiped the remaining tears off and smiled at him."You're welcome. Whenever you're sad, just come here in the back and call me. I'll be here for you. But you have to get used to store brought pink milk until uncle Art is feeling better. Deal?"

"Deal," Arthit responded with a little giggle. Both of them shared their love for the pink colored drink.

Kongpob got off the couch before the sun had risen. He didn't get much sleep knowing his fiance was upset and his was at the hospital yesterday. The night before after recharging his phone, he went through his messages. He was angry that most of them did not come through at the time they were supposed to.

"This is getting ridiculous, seriously." The young alpha was started to hear Art's voice as he exited the laundry room.

"Mom?"

"Sorry, Kongpob. Did I wake you?" He asked apologetically as he stuffed his phone back to his pocket.

"No. I was already up," Kongpob said while he shook his head. "Something wrong?"

"Yeah," Art said with exasperation. "I sent these messages to the tenants of the building and it seemed that only a few got my texts. Even the calls weren't going through yesterday. Ugh."

Kongpob's frown grew larger as he stared at his phone. A sudden jolt of anger cursed through his chest as the unfortunate events of yesterday crossed his mind. "P'Arthit's messages were not going through either. Yesterday."

Art groaned in frustration as another message pinged on his phone. He fished it out and and sighed upon reading it. "And now I'm only getting replied from the ones who received my texts yesterday!"

"Yep. Time to change our service," Art said before putting his phone on the coffee table. "I'll go make breakfast. I know Arthit will just be stubborn and not let you in the room so I got the spare of your uniform ready. It's been ironed and everything in the laundry room. Take a shower in my bathroom and the come out for breakfast."

"Um..." The young alpha was lost for words.

"Just go. We'll all have breakfast together. Wayo will be upset if he doesn't see you today. You'll be even more busy until your big night."