Chapter 1: Darkness/Light

Jack

          Darkness… That’s all I ever see. Ever since Master Pitch took me so many years ago but it’s grown on me. That’s all I ever know of is darkness. But that one night when I first woke up to see the moonlight. I still think about that light, wondering where it went before Master Pitch got to me. “Sir. Frost?” I hear behind me. I turn to see one of Master Pitch’s servers at my door. “What do you want?” I growl. I see the man shiver as the cold air blow by him. I love the power to control the wind, it make people fear me more.

          “Master Pitch… Wants to… see you…” He shudders before he runs off. I do a short laugh before I go see Master Pitch. I don’t know why I still call him that; we both know I’m stronger than him. Maybe out of respect that he saved me. If you call this being saved, living in the darkness. I stop in front of a black door with sand swirling around it which is a bad thing. Great his pissed.  I thought as I was about to knock when I heard him starting to yell.

          “Who the hell is this girl!?” I hear him yell and then I hear a crash. I roll my eyes, he broke something over someone head. “Why didn’t you find her sooner? What is wrong with you?” I hear Master Pitch yell. Who is he talking about? Who is this girl? “Where’s Jack?” I hear which my cue to knock. I see the door swing open to a girl with a hand over her eye; I can see blood starting to go between her fingers. “Oh Sir. Jack, Master Pitch has been waiting for you.” She says between sobs. I won’t lie, it hurt to see her like this, Master Pitch could be such a dick sometimes.

          I walk by her but stop and whisper, “Go get your eye checked out please.” I see her do a quick nod before she ran out of the room. I turn my attention to Master Pitch and place my hands in front of me and cup them together. “You wanted to see me?” I ask. I see Master Pitch stand and put his hands on his table. “How many times have I told you not to treat the slaves as humans? I raised you better than this.” I tried not to roll my eyes.

          “You hurt her Pitch. She was bleeding.” I say before I feel some sand go around my throat. “Don’t you dare talk back to me boy! Remember who I am. I’m your worst nightmare!” He finally let’s goes of my throat and I can feel air go down to my lungs. “I’m sorry Master Pitch.” He sighs and slicks back his black hair. “Let’s just get to business.” He clicks a button and a girl pops up on screen. I feel my eyes widen as I look at her.

          Long blonde hair, a body with curves and the lightest blue eyes I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. “This is Elsa Snow; she is a famous ice skater. Won three gold medals and had five body guards.” I raise an eyebrow, “Why do you want her? And why so many body guards for an ice skater?” I ask. Pitch moves away from the screen and walks over to me.

          “Why does she have so many body guards?” I ask again. “Well her family is famous, she’s a Princess.” “A Princess who is a famous ice skater? That’s new.” Pitch gives me a look and I just smirk at him. “Frost, what do you think of her?” He asks me. I look at the girl again, “She’s beautiful, but she’s shy, and to herself. Looks like she doesn’t like to be around a lot of people, maybe only family members. Why are you asking me this?” That’s when I see the smile, the smile that his planning something.