{17}

[Dakota]
     I stood there in shock. I had an uncle? I still had living family left? I didn't know what to say and I kept opening my mouth but no word came out so I closed it. I looked like my mother.
I was so lost in thought then I realized where I was, who I was with, and that Lance was holding my hand. My face reddened and I slowly took my hand away and it feeling cold as I did. "I know you probably have a lot of questions" my uncle stated. "Oh sorry, my name is Mason" he then stated. "My name I Dakota as you know, the is Gawain, Lancelot, Percival, Dawn, and Ash" I told him as I gestuurde to each one of them.
He looked at everyone and his she's landed on Lancelot, "so the Weeping Monk has a name." Lancelot tensed up at that and I held his hand without thinking. "He's not with the Paladins anymore, he's helping us" I stated kind of coldly at Mason. Mason seemed shocked at what I did and said, "you would protect him, he's killed thousands and led the Paladins to kill more than that" my uncle basically yelled at me.
I walked up to my uncles and punched him, "nobody gets to talk that way, you don't know what he actually went through" I spat in his even more shocked face. I walked out of the cave and the others got the memo to follow me, even Nimue followed me.
    "Was that really necessary, I mean he is the enemy" Nimue asked me. I rolled my eyes and stayed quiet letting Gawain lead and I fell behind to walk by the only person I could stand to be around at the moment. "You know they're wrong, you aren't who you used to be and you're not our enemy" I said trying to make him feel better. He stayed silent but glanced at me and he looked hurt and it broke my heart.
     "How did you know what I went through" he questioned me. I thought for a second but decided to tell him the truth, "before the night I found you and Percival, I fell asleep and woke up in a tent that you were in. I also wasn't there which is why you couldn't hear me, but I saw the scars on your back. I heard how broken your voice sounded." I was close to tears remembering what I saw and I felt an arm drape over my shoulders. "That's in the past, yes I was broken, but now I have you again, I have Percival, the twins, and yes even Gawain" he said very sincere.
We had stopped for the night and I was on watch with Lancelot. We were messing around by having a small sword fight, which I kept winning. We heard footsteps and I threw a dagger I had in my sleeve at the nearest tree following the sound. "If I knew you could do that I would have announced myself" my uncle stepped out from behind a bush. "What do you want" I said still angry with him. He looked at me hurt, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize how much my words affected Lancelot and you."
I stared at him and Lancelot spoke up, "it's fine, I'm past it. I just think you should be careful around this crazy one" he ruffled my hair and I glared at him playfully.

[Mason]
I could tell they were attached to each other, after my sister passed I went to her shadow room in the mountain and found the note she left for Dakota. Lancelot must have been the one she talked about. She already protects him whenever, and I have a feeling he would always protect her.

[Dakota]
     Lancelot went to go talk to Gawain and I stayed behind with my uncle. "I'm sorry for punching you Mason." He looked at me and nodded his head accepting the apology. "It's just, I knew him when we were kids and having him back in my life, I...I don't want to loose him again. I think it would break me if I did" I said growing a little quieter staring ahead at where Lancelot and Gawain were talking.
Mason put his hand on my shoulder, "we won't let anything happen to him. I won't let anything happen to him" he paused and looked forwards, "you're mother told me before she lived with your father, that she would have a strong, smart, kind, selfless daughter who was going to be the strong of all of us." I looked at him a little shocked before he continued. "She said that you wouldn't fulfill what needed to be done until you found your one person."
I was confused after he said that, who is my 'one person'? Is it Lancelot? Is it Gawain? Is it somebody I don't know? I had so many questions. And what does it mean that I won't fulfill what needed to be done until I found that person?
A sudden wave of nausea hit me, I heard footsteps approached me fast. "Are you alright?" Someone asked me but I didn't know who, I couldn't see my vision had gone black. I was only able to mutter, "something's coming" before blacking our completely.