2

Tom Riddle POV:
I had no success in finding the chamber of secrets yet. Desperation started filling me up, I wanted to be closer to my magical ancestor. Elegantly, I entered the common room hiding my frustration under the mask I wore everyday.

I saw the others doing homework near the fire. Instead of approaching them, I felt a desire to be alone and try to think of place that hasn't been explored yet. I left the common room and walked towards the room of requirement, which I had found a few years ago. When I arrived I saw, Potter rushing in. I picked up my pace and managed to enter with him unknowingly.

I stayed in the shadows and stared at Harry. He got into a bed but the bed was emblazoned with gryffindor colours. The room looked like a dorm room with other beds. There was a window that magically showed the outside of Hogwarts from a gryfindor point of view.

I stared at Harry, who was already asleep. Why did he desire this? He's a Slytherin. Did he want to be a gryffindor so badly? I left the room discreetly and went back to exploring. Harry was a mystery that I would solve another day.

The next day I followed Harry again but this time time he was with the new hufflepuff boy. Instead of them going to the room if requirement, they went to a girls bathroom. Cedric looked uneasy so Harry told him to go back to his common room.

Cedric left and then Harry stopped and stood there in silence. "Riddle, come out" Harry spoke softly. I looked around before stepping out. "Why are you following me?" He asked.
"Excuse me" I replied. "Don't think you can fool me like you do to others." He sighed. "You're looking for the chamber of secrets" Harry spoke after a few seconds. I mentally gasped. Nobody knew of my agenda and I made sure to keep it a secret as possible. "How do you know?" Are you a seer?" I blurted out, feeling a bit invaded. " Uhhh, if you say so" Harry replied before walking away.

I stayed in the same spot for a few minutes, trying to piece the mysteries that Harry kept. A silver snake caught my eye. This is a girls bathroom, why would a tap have a snake on it.

—————————5 hours later————————

I had successfully entered the chamber and now was making my way to the common room. One thing kept bothering me was that Harry knew where the chamber is. He lead me there, because why would he go there in the first place. I felt anger slightly knowing that he had the Diggory boy with him and if he didn't leave then potentially a hufflepuff would know the secrets of Slytherin before the heir.

One of the perks of being head boy is that when I have things to do regarding the knights of walpurgis and other things, I can do it at night whilst patrolling briefly.

The common room was empty except a shadow that sat in the far chair. I slowly walked up to it and heard a hiss. "Speak, I know you speak. You stopped me from biting your precious hufflepuff. Speak right now speaker." The house snake hissed. Harry's a speaker! Mara kept bothering him until I heard "no" but not from the snake but Harry.

"Potter"
Harry looked at me quickly, with a strange expression. "I hope you're not related to me" I smiled. Harry looked shocked, the poor boy looked like he was going to cry.