Part 6

You wait while Mark finishes up a phone call for another of his clients. When he hangs up he smiles at you, "Ok - the apology basket has been sent over. Mind telling me why you felt it was such a dire need?"

You shake your head in response. "Guilt, mainly. I was a bit of a wreck after eavesdropping. I ended up accidentally ending the message I was leaving for Tom right after an abrupt string of curse words."

Mark knows all too well just how well versed you are in cursing. He has tried very hard to break you of the habit, or at least be aware of it while being recorded. You've really done quite well, all things considered. 

He eyes you disapprovingly all the same, "I suppose I can forgive you then for forgetting to tell me you'd gotten there alright." Mark motions to the stack of pages stacked up in the chair across from his desk. "Those are for you. I have a bag around here somewhere if you don't think they can fit in yours."

"Fanmail?"

He nods, "Yep." 

You are able to fit the mail neatly beside your pages from Jack & Emily, which is what you've decided to call the movie until someone tells you otherwise, after you remove the water bottle and do a small bit of rearranging. You point to the stack that sits off in the corner that Mark has almost hidden. You can see that the one on top is addressed to you just as the ones that you now have safely tucked away in your bag. "What about those? Might as well take as many as I can off your hands."

Mark shakes his head sharply at you. "No – those stay with me for now." He doesn't offer any other explanation. You are standing closer to that stack than he is and the desk is between the pair of you so he can't block your path to the stack. He frowns when you pick up the top letter and start to read, holding his hand out for you to give him the letter back. "______...."

You feel your cheeks burning as you quickly read the words scrawled out to you. Apparently you are not meant to be linked to any of the lovely Brits you've come to know recently, most specifically Tom. "Oh --"

"Look, some people just..." he is speaking softly now, still holding his hand out for the letter.

"That's quite a lot of hate there." Up and out of his chair, he takes the paper gently from your grasp and replaces it on the stack that you eye with concern. "Are all of those like that?"

Mark turns back to you and grasps you by your shoulders, "Forget those. You can't please everybody all the time. Let's focus on the fact that you landed Emily and," he is doing his best to steer you as far away from those letters as he can. "Can you promise me an alert for the next time you plan to worry Tom like that?"

You shrug, doing your best to let him take your mind off what you just read. "You could have just told him I was going to get the part. Didn't you know already? Wasn't that what you wanted to talk to me about?" You remember the strangely worded text that Mark had sent you.

"No, actually that notification arrived after you'd texted me." Comfortably assured that you don't plan on diving towards the stack – an entire stack– of hate mail, Mark leans against the edge of his desk while he talks to you. "To redouble the happy news for the day, I've gotten confirmation from the studio that they want to do a sequel to Touring Sundays and, in so many words, refuse to have your character appear unless you are willing to participate."

When you squeak and jump towards him he swiftly places his hand back on the papers on his desk before bracing himself for your inbound hug. "OhmygodMark!!!" You step back again and start to pace. "Wait what about Matt? And Andrew? Oh no and what does that mean for..."

Mark holds up his hand to stop you. "They've just confirmed that they want to pursue a sequel. There's a lot that needs to be worked out before you need to start worrying about anything other than being Emily. And for other good news, I've been looking into those rentals that you sent to me. I think we have them sorted down to two good options for you – just let me know when you want to go back just to double check that they are a good fit and we can get all the paperwork signed."