Chapter 3

Nothing seemed to fit in with the emotions I am feeling right now. Anger? Frustration? Sorrow? What was this? Of course confusion but still... I wanted to cry but I didn't. Hell I didn't even think I was going to live this long. Seriously I had suicidal thoughts at one point. I need to stop worrying about all of this. I know I was going to die sooner or later. A hand was placed on my shoulder and I looked to see Thomas he looked panicked and worried.

"Thomas I am fine calm down." I said.

"Calm down? How can I calm down when I just found out not one but two of my closest friends aren't immune to a disease that slowly turns them crazy?" He said.

"Listen if I'm not worrying then why should you be worrying about me? I know I was going to die sooner or later so just get over it." I said a little angrier then I meant it to be.

"So you are perfectly fine with going crazy and eating people or asking for their noses?" He asked.

I shrugged. "If that's what happens then it happens. I've learned not to be surprised and to just go with what happens because who knows what will happen." He shook his head and walked off. I sat staring into space. Rat man said some more things but I wasn't paying attention. I still felt empty. Yeah empty that's what I am feeling. I wasn't immune to the Flare. I was going to go slowly crazy and more or likely die. Wait... If I am not immune to the Flare then how come I'm not going crazy yet? Considering it was roughly a month and a half ago when I was told I had the Flare. Their lying. They have to be. I am immune to the Flare and so is everyone else. I turned to the three boys. Newt seemed to be taking like I did. Empty feeling. I walked over to them not noticing I even was away from them.

"Guys, their lying." I said. Newt looked up.

"What?" He asked.

"Rat Man, he's lying about us not being immune to the Flare. If we had it then we would already be a crank by now. We were told about a month and a half ago that we had the Flare and now we are being told that we aren't immune to it." I said.

"Yeah we aren't immune to it meaning if we came into contact with someone that had it we would turn into a crank." Newt said.

"Newt, where were we just a month ago? In a desert full of cranks, that's where. Cranks that captured me and I was in a huge party with them. Trust me, if I weren't immune to the Flare then I would be a crank right now, and so would you because if I had it that means you have it because I know we've kissed like a hundred times after all that." I said.

"She's right." Thomas said.

"I know I am." I said.

"I don't know... I can feel it. I can feel it starting to take me." Newt said. I slapped him. They all looked at me surprised.

"Grow up, you're just over reacting." I said sternly.

"Yes mother." Newt mumble. I smacked the back of his head. We all laughed lightly. I looked around for Rat Man to tell him a piece of my mind but I couldn't find him.

"Where did Rat Man go?" I asked.

"He went to go see if the medical teams were ready." Minho answered. I nodded my head. Teresa came walking over. She had a black eye, a swollen lip and a bruise on her jaw. The two girls from earlier were with her. I clenched my fists, ready to fight but Thomas and Minho came over and held me back. I gave her my death glare.

"Listen, I think we should do it. It feels like the right thing to me. We need our memories back so we can be smart about things then decide what to do next." She says.

"Are you crazy?" I asked.

"No but technically you are though." She smiled. I pulled against Minho and Thomas but they had an iron grip on me.