Chapter 5

That word hurt, it really did but I brushed it off. I walked in the room, Newt, Brenda, Thomas and Minho followed behind. It was a large room filled with two Bergs.

"Look there is someone over there!" Minho called out. I gripped the pistol in my hand as we made walked over there. A man was face down on the ground. He moaned and flipped over. I held my pistol to his head but then put it down when Brenda squealed.

"Jorge!" She nearly jumped on him. She helped him up then pulled him in a hug. He pulled away and rubbed his head.

"Which one is yours?" I asked, only being concerned on our escape.

"Hold up there my head is killing me." He said. "Let me get back together."

"No time, guards could be coming. Where is your berg?" I demanded.

"Hold up there hermana." He said.

"What happened to you?" Thomas asked. I rolled my eyes, we can't be wasting time!"

"A group came in, got rid of the guards, stole a Berg and flew out of here with another pilot. Of course I tried to get them to wait but that only got me a knock on the old noggin." He said.

"Who?" Brenda asked.

"That Teresa chick and some of the group we had in the scorch, everyone except you guys." He said.

"Traitor." I hissed. Then again she hated my guts and I hated hers so I guess I would have done the same thing. Minho and Newt started asking questions.

"Oh shut up." Jorge yelled.

"Tell us everything from the beginning." Minho ordered.

"Shut up let's just get out of here and I'm serious." I demanded. "I bet you guards-"

As if on cue the door busted open revealing at least a dozen armed guards. They didn't hesitate and started shooting. I fell to the ground immediately like I've done it a million times before and I aimed my pistol. I started firing, aiming for the head. Shooting started behind me. One, two, three, four and more and more guards dropped as my bullet went through their heads.

"Come on! To the Berg!" Jorge yelled behind me. I got up, still shooting and started running towards the berg. Jorge, Minho, Brenda, Thomas and Newt were running to the far Berg. It started opening and I ran as fast as my bad leg would allow me. Jorge ran in followed by Brenda, then Thomas, then Minho and finally Newt. I was just about there when pain shot through my back. I fell to the ground.

Stay awake, keep shooting, don't die. I told myself. I was in so much pain but I kept my eyes opened. I need to keep shooting. Suddenly my body was being drug through something and then everything stopped and all I saw was blurry shapes.

"Stay awake Zoe. Please." I heard a voice beg.

"Please." Was the last thing I heard. My eyes slowly closed and darkness took me.

            My head was pounding but I slowly opened my eyes. Bright light filled the room and I sat up.  My whole body was sore but I ignored it. I looked around no one was here. Where was I? The Berg. I sighed in relief. Suddenly four people came in and I instantly recognized them as Minho, Thomas, Brenda and Newt.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"A couple hours." Minho replied. None of them would look at me. They all fidgeted on the balls of their feet and messed with their hands.

"What's wrong?" I asked panic rising in me.

"We, well... um... Newt you tell her." Thomas said.

Newt ran his fingers through his hair. "We wanted to make sure you're back was ok so we um put ya on your stomach and had Brenda lift up your shirt to see your back and well she um... Brenda you tell her what you found." Newt said. I looked at Brenda.

"On your back it seems like someone burnt words into your back." She said. I shivered remembering what Rat Man had said.

"What does it say?" I choked out.

"It says... Property of WICKED, Rebel, Creator and...." She said.

"And what?" I asked, panic swelling me.

"Weapon."

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter, but i did update twice yesterday. So thanks for reading!

Comment, Follow, Vote pretty please with a cherry on top!

        Talk to ya later Shanks ~Emily