Chapter 6

Weapon, weapon, weapon. The word bounced in my skull. I know that word so well. I couldn't find the words to say. I didn't know what to say.

I am a Weapon. A voice in my head said.

A weapon for WICKED. It said. The world started spin and I was getting dizzy. I held on to whatever I was sitting on.

"Zoe what's wrong?" Newt's voice was contorted and it seemed like he was under water.

Weapon.

My heartbeat was getting faster and adrenaline was pumping through my blood. Breathing was getting harder and I had to take deep fast breaths to get some air into my lungs. Everything was blurry and spinning making everything worse.

"Zoe." His voice was dark and it didn't even sound like him.

Finally my eyes fell closed.

            Flashes of memories came back to me at a fast speed. I got glimpses of things, all of them including me mostly being tortured. Pain was everywhere and I couldn't escape it. Was I going through the changing? Again? Finally the memory stopped. I watched carefully.

Memory: 3rd person

            It was Zoe she was in a room. Around her were target dummies, supposedly humans. She stood in the middle wearing combat clothing. Guns were strapped to her waist; knives were held in her hand and hidden in her boots and waist. She was ready when the director gave the signal. The targets came flying at her; she dodged and sliced one of the targets head off. Another came out her she stabbed it and spun around slashing the targets, 'killing' them all. Once they were all 'dead' she stood in the middle of the room. The director nodded his head and now they sent in real subjects.

Cranks.

They came out her, fast and with weapons. She easily dodged them, flipping and sliding around slashing as she went. She threw a knife where it landed in a Cranks head and she grabbed her pistol now shooting at all of them. They all dropped to the floor. Dead.

She turned to the director and waited.

"You're ready. You know your mission. Get into Crank Palace and get those guards back safely." The director said.

"Yes, sir." She said and marched off to get reading to go to the Crank Palace, tomorrow but today she had to explain the Scorch trials to the other scientists at WICKED. She was only 15 years old and she had already become the Creator of the trials, she was known as the Rebel in WICKED and she was also their greatest weapon. She knew over one hundred different ways to kill a person, she knew a gun inside and out, she knew had to throw a knife to hit right where she wanted, she knew the best hand to hand combat ever known, and so many different ways to escape out of any situation of stealth, not to mention she was immune to the flare but she could still carry it and spread it on, biological warfare. She was strong and extremely intelligent. Some people called her a ninja, others an assassin but she was always known as the weapon.

My mind replayed that so many times. It's like my mind narrated that memory. I was immune but I was also a weapon. My thoughts were filled with questions. I felt like I was going through the changing again. I wanted to wake up, I want to get up and make sure everything is ok. I need to get up. But every time I did nothing would happen. I am begging to wake up. I need to know where we are going, who is going to be there, is everyone ok. I hated this, every moment of it. I had to get up. I had to.

 Newt's P.O.V

She just lied there, not moving except her chest barely going up and down. She's been unconscious for a day now. It reminded me so much from when she was going through the bloody changing. It worried me but Thomas and Minho kept reassuring me she was going to be fine and wake up any moment. I sighed and got up from my seat next to her and wondered through the big ship. I found a small little office like area. I sighed. I was going to turn into a crank. I didn't want to turn into a crank; I didn't want to hurt people. I found a piece of paper and a pen and wrote two simple sentences. I folded it up into an envelope I found and walked out back towards Zoe and the other three.

            I found Thomas sleeping on the couch. I gently shook him.

"Get up shank." I said. He shifted but his eyes eventually did open.

"What the hell Newt." He said sitting up.

"I need you to promise me something." I said.

"Anything." He said. I handed him the envelope.

"Don't open that until the right time, got that?" I said.

"Uh sure. What does it-"

"Shut it. Just don't open it. Promise?" I said.

"I promise." He said.

"Good, now go back to sleep shank." I said and went back over to my spot by Zoe. I held her hand in mine. I stared at her and remember her pulling the trigger killing that guard. Why would she just kill her with no guilt? No hesitation? I called her a murderer. She was but she did it because she didn't want the guard going around telling us where we were. I guess it's kind of a good explanation but she shouldn't have killed her, then again I don't really care that someone from WICKED died but I still felt a little guilty.

"Please wake up Zoe. I love you." I whispered and kissed her hand.

"Please." I said before my eyes lids fell.