Kabanata 36

Kabanata 36

Hope

We were right. That fashion show became my new stepping stone to be known more as a model. Two years had passed again and now, I am not just popular in States, I am also known worldwide! I became one of the most paid and most popular model.

Many things had changed also, but not my beliefs. I've been waiting for Kyle to find me for ten years already. I became successful... and that could help him to find me easily. But... what taking him so long? Is he really... fell out of love?

There's so many reasons why he is taking so long. Maybe, he found somebody else. He fell out of love because we were apart for ten years. Things change, in any second, things may change. But I keep on holding on. He promised, he gave me a ring, a promise ring.

"Philippines," ani Tiff sabay pakita sa akin ng schedule ko. I have a shoot in the Philippines.

"Okay, tomorrow is our flight, right?"

Tumango siya bago pinikit ang mata. She's always stress, but not because I am giving her headaches or what. As my career bloomed, we all became busy. I rarely answer messages from my friends because of my hectic schedule. I am glad that they understand me.

Last week, we were in South Korea for the fashion show. Then after that, we came back in New York to shoot again.

"By the way, don't you have a boyfriend?"

Nagulat ako nang biglang magsalita si Tiff. Her eyes are still closed when she said those words. I laughed in my mind. Dati, ayaw na ayaw niya dahil mahirap daw ayusin ang ganoong issue. Not that some were trying to spread the rumors I am dating someone. May ilang edited at past pictures na bigla-bigla na lang kumakalat.

Then now, she's asking me that question.

"I told you, I am engaged already," I answered.

She opens her eyes and stared at me for the moment. "Oh, come on! You already reached far! Where's the guy?"

I really don't know. I tried to search for him in social medias, even in news but I would just be scared. I don't know why... but I really want to see him again. Am I afraid to know that he's already married? Or I am afraid to know that he forgot what he promised?

I've been thinking for it the whole year but I just can't accept that Kyle is like the one who breaks promises. Hindi siya ganoon. He just did before because he was asked to do that and that's for the sake of my future. I've already secured my future now... can't he fight for me?

"You are already successful, Eunice! But, where is he now? You are known worldwide and he can't still find you? Who are you playing with, Eunice?"

Tiff is really a harsh woman. And also a man hater. But instead to get hurt to what she is always saying, it just made me realizing what she's always saying.

"Ten years, right? There's a high possibility that he's already married," she said without hesitation.

"But he promised—"

"Oh, come on! Promises meant to be broken!"

Ngumiwi ako. She has a bitter life, I could tell that by just listening to her words. Her first, last and greatest boyfriend she ever had, cheated on her. No wonder how she end up like this. Naisip ko tuloy, ganito rin ba ako ka-bitter sa buhay ko noon? Nah, I think it's a no.

"You'll let me have my cheat day when he found me!" hamon ko sa kaniya.

Tumawa siya nang sarkastiko bago confident na tumango sa akin. "Fine! You will pay me three times if he didn't!"