Part 10 | Young Lisa

High School and College Flashback in Seoul

LISA

"Lisa, enough. I'm fine. I will be okay." Kai tried to pull her best friend from punching the guys who bullied him.

"You bastards, stop bullying my best friend! You have no right!" Sometimes even Lisa herself has no idea where she's getting her strength to punch those bullies.

"Get a life, assholes!" Lisa added while the guys carry their asses from the ground and run as fast as they can.

"Thank you, Lisa. I really do not know what to do without you." Kai thanked Lisa after the commotion.

"Stop thanking me, Kai. You better learn how to defend yourself." Lisa advised his best friend.

Kai and I rushed towards our classrooms as it's already 745am and we're obviously late for class.

I reached my room. I was really shy. It was so quiet and the teacher introduces himself. I apologized and I think, he accepted it the moment Kai came over and explained why I'm late.

As I entered the room, I got really shy when this girl with feline eyes has no plan of looking away from me. God. This is the first time I see the most beautiful face my eyes ever laid on.

"Here, take this seat. I'm Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. But you can call Jennie or Ruby Jane or whatever you want to call me."

She offered a handshake.

Her voice.

Her name.

Her touch.

Her face.

Her.

My heart.

I need to compose myself. Don't be a dick Lisa. She is so beautiful, don't ever mess up with her. Be proper.

"I am Lalisa Manoban. Obviously, I'm new here. And I am really sorry for that drama earlier in class." I introduced myself.

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize for some good deed. I actually admire you for that." And that very moment she smiled at me, I knew it was the day my heart felt love for the first time. I knew it is going to be her. My world.

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, the love of my life.

Studying is not in my vocabulary. I hated it. I had headaches whenever I open my book and start to read. But her voice. Her. She herself. Jennie Kim. Made me more inspired to do better in class. So yeah, I pushed myself harder to be on top. No, not top top on bed. Top in class, I meant.

I want to become successful someday. I want to give the world to her. Even if she doesn't want to, I'd love to give her what she truly deserves.

She is rich, I'm not. She has everything, only a few I've got.

Her family is famous, mine is in slums.

She appears on TV. She is smart, sexy, prettiest of them all.

In short, she's perfect with beautiful imperfections, and I'm fuckin whipped.

We became really close. I always take care of her. I make sure she's safe and gets to eat on time. I help her with our lessons whenever she needs to understand some complicated topics especially in Math. Thank God for giving me a pictographic memory and patience to study.

Every day, my love for here has gone deeper and deeper. Passionate and warmer. Especially whenever I receive love letters from girls at school and she knew about it and gets really mad, those were the moments I thank God too for giving me a handsome face. Well, honestly, I am not comfortable being called handsome. I am not comfortable receiving love letters. I am actually a shy kind of person with low self-esteem. And who uplifts me? The one and only Jennie Kim.