𝗆𝖾𝗌𝗌 [𝗇]

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗸𝗲.

Another night, the two intertwined souls laying carelessly, bathing in their love for each other

Another night, the two intertwined souls laying carelessly, bathing in their love for each other. Beneath the warm bodies, the sheets were now rumpled, a mess that gave them warmth. Around them, the chatter was consistent and happy, something that brought a smile to their gloomy faces.

They were careless to what was around the, too lost in their world. Like a spell, from which they didn't want to wake up. In their dreamland, their love was the most beautiful thing, like an untouchable treasure. It was admired and protected, the cause of the smile on people's faces. But that was all it was, a dreamland, an expectation. But sadly, the reality was anything but.

Choi San, and Jung Wooyoung, members of the boy group ATEEZ, which was slowly but surely making its way to the top of the charts with their albums. They were becoming global performers. It was all they had ever wanted when training, a dream come true. But with every dream, comes a nightmare. For the two males, the nightmare was their love. Something unacceptable in the eyes of many, as ridiculous as that was.

"Love is love," Hongjoong started, his voice was calm and reassuring, an unspoken promise, "no matter who is experiencing it, love is love. The gender doesn't matter, neither does the number of people, nor the reasons for its existence. And sadly, that is something that some people will never understand. Despite that, it shouldn't be a reason to keep something so beautiful hidden."

They all smiled at his statement, watching as he stared at Jongho with such adoration. Everyone in ATEEZ was dating someone, they all had their the one inside the group, and it was something they loved. Their manager and CEO allowed this since they were in no place to deny their artists from love.

The souls, however, still had their dim appearance. It was present on their faces, the everlasting sadness and disappointment. The usual bright and lovesick gaze wasn't present, and it worried everyone. Something was wrong, so wrong.

"So, what happened?" Mingi asked, seeing the heartbroken stare that his bandmates felt, it destroyed him, "I know something's wrong, and one of you has to speak up."

The couple stared at each other, a light igniting in their eyes once they met. Wooyoung started smiling lightly, causing the other to follow. As if having an inside conversation with just their eyes, they nodded and turned back around to face their members. "You know how we posted a selfie of us, not a while ago? Youngie and I saw some comments which weren't very positive." San muttered, the little light in his eyes completely gone as he talked about what happened.

Wooyoung just made a noise of agreement, not wanting to elaborate on the topic since he might burst into tears again. They fell back onto the bad once again, weirdly synchronized, and cuddled back into each other. They just stared into each other's eyes, trying to find the answers to the endless questions in their mind. No words were spoken between them, their eyes said more than enough.

"Hey, that's something that's always going to happen," this time, it was Seonghwa, their eldest member and someone they could always rely on, "whether we want to think about it or not, people will always find a reason to hate us. For our appearance or talents, they're always going to find something. It's always something." And as he said those words, a bitter smile and frown found their home on this handsome face.

That caused a chain of reactions, Yeosang was instantly concerned as well. From those words, Mingi stopped talking and stared at their eldest, which also cause Yunho to quiet down. Hongjoong smiled bitterly as well, as he rubbed his boyfriend's and best friend's back. The two on the couch only got down and sat down along with the rest.

"It's okay, though," the eldest opened his mouth to speak when he noticed the uneasiness that had settled in the room, "that makes us stronger, and together, we can learn how to overcome those people. They aren't worth or emotions and energy, because that's what they want." And this time, he finished with his beautiful smile, causing everyone else to follow along.

And everything was back to normal, all the couples started chattering again and cuddling one another. The usual routine of the members that hated touching, being cuddled by their lover, and them acting as if they wholeheartedly hated it. It was an unforgettable sight, one of the many repetitive memories that they were making as a group.

"Let's ignore, and move on from those people," Jongho said, "post all the photos that you want, and do whatever it is that you want to do. It doesn't fucking matter."

"Hey, MAKNAE, chill with the fucking cursing," Wooyoung smirked, the usual goofiness plastered all over his face once again. His voice held a stupid hint of authority, which was truly a joke since he didn't mind the cursing. "Shut the fucking fuck up, little bitch."

Jongho stared, slowly loosening his grip on the leader's shirt and a playful- but agressive- glare was now settled on his almond eyes. He sat up, making Hongjoong go along with it, and started standing. With a laugh that resembled a hyena's, their second-youngest shot up and ran away while laughing hysterically. Everyone instantly erupted in laughter when Jongho chased after him, also evilly cackling.

After around three minutes of running around their house, a loud screech was heard from somewhere in there, and another loud wince followed.

"I KICKED HIM IN THE NUTS," they heard Wooyoung say, he was nearing the room as his footsteps and the volume of his voice increased. He was soon in the room, and jumped into San's arms after closing- attempting, and failing- the door. "BUT HE WAS TRYING TO BITE ME. HONGJOONG, HELP ME."

Jongho came back in the room, wobbling and barely being able to walk straight. He sat down and stared at the floor, slowly lying back down and cuddling into Hongjoong, wrapping his strong arms around the smaller male. He was quiet, "Baby, are you okay?"

"NO! This fucker kicked me," Jongho whined, and these were the moments where he truly looked like their youngest baby. When he complained and acted all soft, seeking comfort from the other members. He was fully wrapped around his partner now, glaring daggers into Wooyoung from behind the older's shoulders.

And this was their favourite thing about each other. How a worry so huge could be reduced to smiles and laughter, because that's how it was with each other. They always found a way to move on with their problems, and find a good solution together. Because their group could beat anything.

so, this is honestly what i think and hope a night with ateez is. it's purposefully a mess, it goes from something sad and melancolic, to something goofy in a matter of literally nothing. this was the whole point. thanks for all the support, my children.