sunset

the girl felt her tears streaming down her face. she felt like her heart was ripped into two once again.

she kept asking herself one question:

why her?

she didn't understand why people liked to break her again and again.

every boy in her life broke her.

her dad

ricky

and now james

she couldn't believe that he had actually cheated on her.

the brunette sobbed into her hands and felt like a mess.

suddenly she feels a pair of strong arms surround her and pull her into a warm embrace

she tries to see who it is, but instead she hears a calm, soft voice whisper into her ear

"it's okay. just let it out."

so she does.

she cries and cries and after fifteen minutes, she wipes her tears and sees the curly headed boy next to her.

ricky's heart breaks when he sees her. he knew it was bad, because she looked exactly like how she did when he broke her heart. her eyes were puffy and red, the tears stained her cheeks, her nose was red and her hair was a mess.

the first time he saw her that way was also the same day he promised himself to never hurt her like that again.

they stay in silence as she looks to the scenery around her

"how did you find me?"

ricky laughs softly "you always had a thing for nature."

he knew she would be here. it was a secluded area near the woods and she brought him here a few times where they would talk for hours.

she always said it would be her thinking place.

"nini." he whispers "what happened?"

the girl shudders a breath and turns away from him to face the orange sky holding the sun that was slowly setting.

"i called james. and - his uh- his ex-girlfriend answered, saying that he-he was in the shower."

ricky balled his fist and clenched his jaw.

they both weren't stupid. they knew that he cheated on her.

the boy knew that it wasn't his place to be angry at someone for hurting her when he did the same, but he couldn't help it.

nini turns around to see that ricky was looking at her with anger in his eyes

she shrugs her shoulders and feels her eyes stinging again.

"i don't know why- people keep hurting me?" she says as her eyes tear up.

ricky sighs and takes her into his arms again.

she lets herself cry into his chest and tightens her grip around his waist, afraid to let go.

"i know i'm one of them. and i know that what i did was so stupid and wrong, but i also know, that i will never hurt you again." he whispers

nini listens to his words and keeps her head buried in his grey sweatshirt

"listen to me," he begins as he pulls her away to face him. "you are nini salazar-roberts. you have at least ten people who love you and want you to be happy. james is just a guy who doesn't see how amazing you are. you're talented, funny, sweet, honest and beautiful. anyone who doesn't see that is missing out on something truly wonderful."

he slowly wipes a tear that fell down her cheek and nini feels a small smile form on her face.

"really?" she asks hopefully

"of course." he smiles "you're also really sassy and annoying but i guess i can leave that out for now."

nini playfully slaps his shoulder and laughs slightly, making him chuckle

"there it is." he says, pointing out her laughter

nini takes a deep breath and looks at ricky.

"thank you."

he nods "anytime."

the boy brings her into his arms again as she shuffles slightly in the grass to get herself more comfortable.

they both sit there, with nini facing the beautiful scenery, and ricky with his eyes on her.

a/n: i know this is short, but hopefully you all still enjoyed it :)