Chapter 34

vote people cuz we're almost at the end.

Daphne Avreah Airenval

I'm pushing the cart while looking for the alcohols on the list that Kuya Draze gave me. They said they're going to have a welcome party tonight and they commanded me to go buy the drinks for them.

I'm halfway done and there are a lot of alcohols in the cart and it's getting heavier everytime I add other kinds. Most of them are canned beers but still, it's heavy. Plus, I still have to buy some ingredients since they're going to cook. I feel tired since I couldn't sleep well for days but here I am, buying it for them.

It'll be held in the yacht and really, it'll be exquisite. I'm guessing they'll invite other people too.

After I finished shopping for their drinks, I started looking for the ingredients that they need. There are eggs, flours, fruits and vegetables, meats and etc. At ang dami pa. They should've just ask for a catering. But Kuya Fein and Kuya Klaid are great cooks as well as my brothers.

Hindi man lang nila ako sinamahan and I wasn't able to look at the list when I left the house. Tiningnan ko lang ito ng makarating na ako dito sa Mart and I should've brought my car. I rode the train again and it will be hard when I go home bringing all these heavy stuffs.

Binayaran ko na lahat ng makatapos na ako. It costs so much and I'll be using my own money. Wala silang binigay na pera sakin. Tiningnan ko ang wallet ko and there are some cash in it but it's not enough so I started looking for my card.

I was left dumbfounded when I found out that I didn't bring it.

"Here" I look at my side and saw Zander. He gave his card to the cashier. "Zander?" I said, surprised. Humarap siya at ngumiti sa akin. He paid for all of it. I felt embarrassed but thankful.

"Thank you, I'll pay you back when I get home" I said to him while struggling on holding the plastic bags. There are six of it, four are for the beverages. Nangangalay na din ang mga kamay ko dahil sa pagtulak ng cart kanina pa.

Without a word, Zander took the plastic bags with beverages. "Hey, it's fine" I said. Nakakahiya naman. He saved me by paying for all of it tapos padadalhin ko pa siya. Umiling siya. "You're struggling, I'll help you" sabi niya at nauna ng maglakad bitbit ang apat na plastic bags. He was carrying it like it's the lightest thing. I couldn't see him struggling or any sign of heaviness on his face. Perks of being a man.

Medyo mabigat ang mga ingredients na dala ko but I can still manage.

"Where's your car?" He asked me. Napahinto ako. "I didn't bring my car" I said. Napalingon siya sa akin. "I didn't bring mine too" sagot niya. Nagkatingin kami at natawa.

We went to the station and bought tickets for the train. We went inside after that. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng makaupo ako. The interior design of the train are like those in airplanes. Katabi ko siya.

"You don't bring you car?" I started a conversation. "I don't bring it when I want to have fun" sagot niya. Kinuha ko ang dalawang canned apple ade at binuksan iyon. I gave him the other one.

"Thank you for helping me" I told him when we arrive at the front of the house. Magga-gabi na ng makarating kami. He gave me a small smile. "Are you sure you don't want me to help you?" He asked. I nodded. "I'll just call them" sabi ko.