Chapter 16

Daphne Avreah Airenval

The way he kiss is so gentle yet full of passion. My mind is clouded with his kisses and it's confusing me. This is not me. The rain is still pouring hard and we're under it, kissing.

No. This is wrong. Just wrong.

I opened my eyes and gently pushed him. Nakayuko ako but I know that he's looking at me.

"Sorry.....this is..." I did not finish the words I was about to say and turned my back and ran back to our hotel room. I'm not even aware about the distance and how I got into the elevator and to our room.

Basang basa akong pumunta sa loob ng shower. I let the water fall down unto my body at nagbihis pagkatapos. I faced the mirror and caught myself touching my lips.

What are you doing, Daphne! This is not you! Just not you!

I cleared my thoughts and went back to my bed and closed my eyes, trying to sleep.

Kinaumagahan ay huli akong nagising. I slept late and what happened last night is the reason of it.

"You look bad" Aizen said to me while fixing her backpack. We're going to go hiking at the Camp John Hay kaya may dala kaming mga backpacks. Good thing I brought a black one.

"Really?" I answered in a low tone. I'm just sitting at my bed while my backpack is just beside me.

"Yep. Look at yourself in the mirror. It's obvious that you lack sleep" she said.

"Ano bang nagyari kagabi?" I was caught off guard about Lana's sudden words. I blinked four times before I told them it was nothing.

Lumabas kami ng hotel room at bumaba na dahil kami na lang ang hinihintay nila.

"Why do girls always gets late?" Jack's remarks made Lana roll her eyes.

"Because, unlike you men, we have many major routines" she answered.

"Like what?" Code asked.

"Like we have two undergarments to wear, hair to polish and skin-related activities, kayo brief lang at hindi magulo tingnan kung hindi kayo mag-ayos ng buhok niyo" deretsa at walang prenong sagot ni Azaleah kaya napangiwi ako. Ngumisi naman ang mga lalaki dagil dun.

Someone's missing though.

"Where's Storm by the way?" Yanna asked them.

"He went back first. There's an emergency to their company. That hardworking guy" Kev answered while shaking his head.

He left?

"Hey, Daphne! Get in!" I jumped a little when they called me. Pumasok na pala silang lahat sa sasakyan.

I just shrugged my head to erase him in my mind.

Ng makarating kami sa Camp ay ganun na nga ang ginawa namin.

The fresh and the cold air heals my nerves and body. The pine trees are elegantly standing tall and the serene atmosphere makes the hiking wonderful and relaxing.

Nasa likod ako sa pinakahuli because I'm busy taking pictures with my Polaroid. I smiled when I saw birds. Some are on the branches of the trees and I also took a picture of the group of birds flying forming a beautiful triangle shape on the ocean skies.

We're going home this afternoon kaya kailangan naming sulitin ang natitirang oras dito.

After we did the hiking for almost have the day, we stopped at a private restaurant. Since it's private, kaunti lang ang mga tao. The interior of the place is well decided. Black and white colors are evident from their tables and chairs to their walls.