Chapter Eight

I don't know what's been going on with Peter, but ever since he ditched me and Ned at Liz's party, He's been acting so different.

It's kinda bothering me.

I decided I had had enough, and pulled Ned away from the group of students in the hallways and into a janitors closet, flickering on the lights.

"Hey what-" I cut Ned off with a flick in the nose. "Ow!" He yelled, holding his nose.

"What the hell is going on with Peter, Ned? He's been leaving class faster than the bell could even finish ringing, he's always mixing some chemicals together in that little cupboard, and now he's ditching us right before nationals!" I whisper yelled, crossing my arms.

"Well, I mean... The Stark Interniship-"

"If Peter really had a Stark Internship then my dad-" I gasped, slapping a hand over my mouth. I quickly looked around, spotting a security camera.

"Already on it, Megan." Hax whispered, deleting the footage as I turned to Ned, who was wide eyed.

"You- youre dad is— he's..." Ned looked like he was about to pass out.

"Ned. My dad works for Tony Stark. Calm down." I mentally patted myself on the back for that. Good save Stark.

"Oh. Yeah that makes more sense. I mean, your last name is DeVoe. What's your dads name, anyway?"

Shit.

"Um... Clifford. Clifford DeVoe."

"Ah. Well I think the bell is about to ring. We should head to class." Ned said, opening the door.

"Yeah. Right of course. I just... I need to call someone first." Ned shrugged, walking out as I fumbled through to find my phone.

"Come on.. pick up. PICK UP OR I SWEAR ILL- Bruce so good to hear you!"

["Hey Megan. What's wrong?"]

"I Uh.. I need you to make a fake... job application. I may have almost told a friend of mine that I'm.. you know.. and now they think my 'dad' works for Tony Stark." I heard a long sigh through the phone, squinting my eyes.

["alright. Alright. What did you tel this friend of yours?"]

"I only told them my dads name was Clifford DeVoe. I would make it so he's in his late 40s early 50s. Yeah.. you do the rest."

["Alright Megan... Don't screw anything else up. I have a feeling your dad will not be happy about this."] Bruce hung up, leaving me leaning on the janitors door as the bell rang.

"Shit." I swung the door open, running to my class.

"Miss DeVoe. So nice of you to join us." Mr. Warren said as I glanced over at Peter, who gave me a goofy and awkward smile.

"Sorry, Mr. Warren I had a call-"

"Save it, Miss DeVoe. Just have a seat." I lowered my head as I ushered myself to my seat, Peter's pencil tapping my shoulder. I turned around, his cheeks slightly red.

"Hey, so um. The project? It's almost due and-" I pulled out a small lens container, the top being scratched off as it was a Stark Industries lens container. I opened it to reveal two contacts. A smile crossed Peters face. "They look like regular contact lens."

I nodded as I took one out, easily slipping it into my eye. I leaned over, whispering. "Should we have an algorithm for it?" Peter took the container, shaking his head.

"I've never really been good with algorithms. Maybe just a normal name? Like uh-"

"Iris?" I said wiggling my brows. Peter quietly chuckled, nodding.

"Cheesy, but sure. Sounds.. ow.. perfect." Peter struggles to put in the contact before it slipped in, adjusting his eyes as he blinked, looking around.

"Nothing's ch- woooaaahhh cool!"

ꕥꕥꕥ

(𝘗𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘝𝘪𝘦𝘸)

I blinked as the contact turned on, watching as photos of the students in my classroom appeared next to their heads, along with some data about them.

I turned to Megan, frowning.

𝗠𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗲𝗩𝗼𝗲
𝖢𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗂𝖿𝗂𝖾𝖽 𝖥𝗂𝗅𝖾𝗌.

"Why are your files classified?" I said, barely a whisper as Megan frowned, shrugging.

"Maybe the contacts still need to be fixed. Yours are classified to." She said as I coughed out of shock.

Hopefully she doesn't find out what I'm hiding. But... what could she be hiding?

I struggled to take out the contact lens again while Megan slipped it out with ease, placing it gently in its container  before taking a sip of her water as the bell rang.

"Hey so, Ned told me that your dad works for Mr. Stark-" Megan snorted, coughing out water. "Woah! Are you okay?!" She coughed several times, her face turning red as she nodded.

"I'm... fine. He told you what?"

"You're... dad works for Mr. Stark?" She smiled, seeming to be a fake one as she nodded, grumbling something about going to kill Ned.

"Yeah, um.. He's worked their my whole life. I actually uh.. I was going to go there now-"

"Oh cool maybe I can join-"

"NO!" She yelled, everyone stopping to look at her. She laughed nervously, looking at me. "Uh... I'd like to go see my dad. Alone. He isnt usually home until after I'm asleep-"

"Oh yeah. No that's fine I get it." I smiled as she did, turning on her heels and speed walking away. Ned walked up next to me with a frown on his face.

"So, it's true then? Her dad works with Mr. Stark?" Ned asked as I watched her leave.

"I don't know Ned... Something about it just doesn't seem right. I don't think her dad works at SI.."

"What? So you're saying she is lying? Peter.. I know we've barely known Megan for a month, but she doesn't seem like the type to lie." Ned said as her friend Landon walked up.

"Trust me guys. Megan keeps her private life to herself." Landon winked at us before walking off. I frowned, clearing my throat as I turned to Ned.

"Ned. There is this CRAZY. And I mean crazy vulture guy flying around and stealing all of these alien gadget things like the one I showed you the day after Liz's party. And I need your help with that." Ned's eyes widened as he smiled even wider.

"GUY IN THE CHAIR!" He yelled, throwing his hands up. Everyone turned to us as I slapped a hand over Ned's mouth.

"Dude. Quiet." Ned nodded as I removed my hand, walking out the door with Ned following as we headed to Aunt May's.

ꕥꕥꕥ
Sorry it's short. I'm tired and want to go back to sleep.

It's 3:44 PM.