Chapter Fifteen

I played the silent treatment on my dad for a few days after finding out about Peter. He played it too, but he was the first to break.

"Okay I'll let you fly around in my suit if you at least say 'hi''' he exclaimed as my eyes lit up. I pumped my fists in the air as I shot up from my bed, running to my dad as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hi! Now take me to your suit!" I said as he groaned, rolling his eyes as I ran to his lab, staring longingly at his iron man suit.

"Can you make me-"

"Absolutely not!" My dad cut in as I frowned.

"Worth a shot." I mumbled as I stepped up onto the platform.

"Registering." Friday said as she scanned me. "Register complete. Hello, Megan Rose Stark." There was a buzzing as I looked down, watching as my fathers suit rose up from the ground, connecting to my body.

"This is WAY lighter than I thought it would be." I said as it connected to my chest, the helmet being the last thing to attack to me.

"Woaaaaah." I said as everything lit up. "There so much shit in here!"

"Steve doesn't like that language!" Tony yelled as a distant yell of annoyance was heard. We both laughed.

"IT WAS ONE TIME." Steve yelled from far off as I looked at my body, frowning.

"This isn't your suit." I said, looking at my dad who shrugged.

"I knew you would ask one dad for a suit, so I built you one." I looked at the dark navy blue suit in the mirror, the biggest grin on my face.

"I thought you said no."

"Well had to bring your hopes down before I could lift them up." He said with a laugh as he pressed a button. "Flying isn't that hard. All you have to do is-"

"I know how to, dad! I've watched you enough times to see how to fly." I said as I stretched my hands, the boosters igniting as I started to hover in the air.

"This is awesome! OH I BET PETER IS ON WATCH DUTY!"

"Hey no don't-"

"BYE DAD!" I interrupted as I blasted out of the compound, flying to Queens.

Flying had to be the most amazing thing in the world. I'd give anything to be a bird, feel the wind in my feathers as I passed under bridges and through trees.

I spotted Peter sitting down, eating a churro. I giggled as I flew up into the alleyway, landing on the ladder and climbing over to him.

"Boo!" I said loudly in a deep voice as Peter flinched aggressively, dropping his nearly finished churro.

"No my churro! An old lady bought me that..." he said as he looked at me before frowning. "Iron Man? Is that a new suit? You look smaller than usual-"

"It's not Tony, Peter." The helmet's face moved up, revealing mine as Peter's eyes widened.

"Megan?! You're dad made you a suit?!" I smiled and nodded as I sat on the ground.

"Cool isn't it!? Of course, I'm not going to be a superhero like you, saving girls whose purses are snatched or anything." I gasped, gently slapping him.

"Maybe I can become an Avenger! I already know how to fight and stuff, and I've been doing it since I could walk, and I was practically BORN an Avenger!"

"Megan I don't think that's a good idea-"

"What? Why? Of course it's a good idea! Why do you think it's a bad idea?!" I said, frowning.