Chapter Eighteen

["The Avengers"]

[Peter's POV]

I watched from behind a collapsed building as the man named Thanos arrived, spotting the debris from the ship I was on. I felt a cold hand grab mine, looking to see Megan, de-helmeted as she looked at me with fearful eyes. My mask retracted as I turned to her while Strange and Thanos spoke to each other.

"Peter... I don't have a good feeling. Something bad is going to happen." She said as tears slowly filled her eyes like she was in pain. I shook my head, grabbing her shoulders.

"No no no.. It's going to be okay, Megan. We will get the gauntlet and we will be heroes!" I said with a determined smile as she nodded, taking in a silent but shaking breath as she her helmet appeared to cover her face. We both turned as Strange gave off the signal. 

"Let's go!" Megan yelled as Iron Man blasted a chunk of wreckage down onto Thanos.

"Piece of cake." He said while flying in. Quill ran up, an angered look on his face.

"Yeah. If your goal was to piss him off!" The wreckage rumbled before it exploded, a large chunk hitting Megan and sending her back.

"OW JESUS!" She yelled, standing up as her suit glowed on the inside for a moment. I frowned, concerned about what happened.

"There seems to be a sudden radiation of gamma rays inside Megan's suit." Karen informed me as Megan looked at her suit. 

"What the hell." She said as I went to fight, jumping into a portal and kicking Thanos in the head.

"Magic!" I yelled, jumping into another portal. "More magic!" I jumped into another. "Magic with a kick!" I said as I kicked Thanos on the head again, jumping into a third portal. "Magic with a-" Before I could finish, Thanos grabbed my leg, throwing me at Doctor Strange as Megan rammed into him at full speed, sending him to his feet.

"INSECT!" Thanos yelled at me while Mr. Stark blasted his face.

"Megan get off!" Mr. Stark yelled as her helmet retracted while she stepped off. My eyes widened as her eyes were glowing white. 

"Megan?" Me and Mr. Stark said in unison as her eyes returned to normal. She looked around, confused at why we said her name.

We all ignored it as we went back to fighting Thanos. After what seemed like forever, we successfully got a grip on his gauntlet, Mantis sat on his head, holding it in her hands as she shut her eyes tightly as we try to pry off the gauntlet.

Mantis, still trying to put him under, began to cry as me and Mr. Stark attempted to yank off the gauntlet. "Is he under?! Don't let up!" Mr. Stark yelled.

"Be quick. He is strong." Mantis cried.

Quill flew over, standing in front of the Titan. "I thought you'd be harder to catch. For the record, this was my plan. Not so strong now, huh? Where is Gamora?" He asked, clenching his fists.

"My... Gamora..." Thanos spoke softly as Megan frowned, looking at me as I grunted, the gauntlet slightly slipping off.

"No. Bullshit. Where is she?!" He asked again, now getting angry.