Chapter Nineteen

[5 years later]

I laid down on the ground, the quiet chatter of people in the abyss. I was alone once again, wishing that I was next to Peter. Every other day, for months at a time, everything would simply...

Disappear. I had no clue why, but it shattered me every time because I could hear Peter calling out to me, but we couldn't communicate. We would see each other for a moment, and then we were alone again. 

But this time, I've been alone for 3 years. I kept count. I hadn't seen Peter's face or heard his voice in 4 years.

But I heard everyone else's.

It scared me to think he had died in here. I had hoped that it was just a bad dream, and I would wake up in my bed. But it wasn't.

For the last 5 years, I had been trapped in this dark abyss. I was with Peter in this abyss for no less than a full month. Then I never saw him again.

There was a blast of yellow behind me, and I turned my head to see Doctor Strange. I gasped in delight. The first person I had seen in at least 5 years was someone I had known for a full day,  but I could care less as I embraced him the a hug I so desperately needed.

But it wasn't from the person I wanted to hug the most.

I felt his arms wrap around me in a comforting way. "It's been five years kid. They need us." He whispered as I nodded, tapping my bracelets as my suit engulfed me. I jumped out the portal, looking around for a moment as I floated. 

I searched for the three people I wanted to see most, immediately spotting my dad getting yanked by a familiar web. I wasted no time to fly down behind the two people.

"Mr. Stark! Holy cow, you would not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? I must've passed out because I woke up and you weren't there, but Megan was. Then she wasn't, but Doctor Strange was there and he was like 'It's been 5 years, they need us.' And he started doing that yellow sparkly thing he does-" Peter rambled as my dad brought Peter into a tight hug. 

"Oh... This is nice." Peter said as my dad gasped.

"Megan..." My dad released the hug as he ran towards me. My helmet retracted as I started to cry, my dad lifting me into the air and hugging me as tight as he could. I opened my eyes to see Peter staring at me with wide eyes, a smile crossing his lips as my dad set me down.

"I thought I lost you both..." My dad said as I wiped away my tears.

"Y-You could never lose me dad..." I said with a weak smile.

"We need to get that gauntlet." Peter said as my dad nodded, his helmet covering his face as he blasted off. I watched him fly away as I turned to Peter, who engulfed me in a hug.

"I missed you so much, Megan..." He said as I nodded in response, hugging him back.

"You have no idea how lonely I was starting to get. About lost my mind." I laughed weakly as Peter smiled, eyes widening as he pushed me and him aside before a large chunk of the earth hit us.

"We need to go. Like. Now." I said as Peter nodded, both of our masks enveloping our face as we swung and flew away from one another.

I looked down to see Clint running with the gauntlet, a wave of relief hitting me. "CLINT UP HERE!" I yelled, catching his attention. A smile washed over his face as he tossed the gauntlet up, which I successfully caught as I landed in front of Steve.

"Megan oh my god you're alive!" He said as he dropped his shield, hugging me. I laughed painfully as I nodded, holding the gauntlet.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" I said, holding up the gauntlet.