Chapter Twelve

I took of my painful heels as I walked up to Peter's apartment, my homecoming dress soft against my thighs as it swayed with each step. I inhaled sharply, knocking on Peter's door.

Aunt May immediately opened it, almost startling me as she gasped. "Oh Megan you look so beautiful!" She said as I smiled, looking down at my my dress.

"Thank you, May. You look like you're about to enjoy some time to yourself." I joked as she stood in her pajamas. May laughed as she brought me inside.

"Peter hurry up!" May yelled down the hall as I awkwardly held my heels in my hands.

"Yeah I'm coming!" Peter said as he practically burst through his door, buttoning you his black jacket, stopping in his tracks to stare at me. A smile lingered in his lips as he mouthed 'wow.'

I felt my cheeks burn as May ran into the kitchen, coming back with a corsage and a camera.

"May we don't have time for pic-"

"Just one picture, Peter!" Peter groaned as I giggled, slipping on my heels so I was now at least 2 inches shorter than Peter as I walked up to him.

I felt his arm cautiously wrap around my waist as I leaned into his body, a smile on our faces, both of nervousness but looked good. "You two are so cute." May said as Peter stiffened, getting a laugh from me.

"Aunt May we gotta go." Peter said as I laughed more, May sighing as she ushered us out.

"Don't have too much fun!" May winked at Peter, who gave her a 'what the fuck' face as she slammed the door behind us. Peter looked over at me before I started laughing.

"Well.. you um.. you look really, pretty Megan." My laughter faded as my smile stayed.

"Thank you Peter. I'd say the same but that would be weird to call you pretty. But you do look very cute." I said as he blushed, chuckling nervously as we walked down the stairs.

"Wait. Won't we have to walk?" Peter said as I shook my head.

"Don't forget, Parker. I have a driver. and pretty sure you've met him." I said as we slipped into Happy's car.

"Hey kids. You ready?" Happy said as Peter stiffened, staring at Happy. I smiled, nodding as Happy drive to our school.

We were there within five minutes, and as I opened the car door, Happy leaned over. "You go on ahead, Megan. I think I'm going to talk to Peter." I looked at Happy then back at Peter, frowning before shrugging and walking out.

ꕥꕥꕥ
(Peter's Point Of View)

"Happy I-"

"Look kid.  That Vulture guy? He's the father of your ex-crush, Liz." Happy said as I widened my eyes. I let out a quick sigh of relief.

"I thought you were going to talk to me about Megan." I said with more relief than the sigh.

"Oh I am." I felt my heart skip a beat. "Megan. I can't reveal too much without giving something away, but needless to say she basically thinks of me as an uncle." I frowned in confusion. Give to much away? "Anyway, that means that she thinks of me as family, and I protect my family. So, if you do anything to hurt her, I have permission from Tony to break your legs."

"Tony? But she's never-"

"I mean her dad. Tony. Her dad." I watched as Happy's eyes widened, hoping I didn't realize what he said.

"I thought Megan's dads name was Cliff- WAIT A DAMN MINUTE-" Happy slapped his hand over his face, shaking his head. "Tony- as in Tony Stark... is- he's-"