Part 11

Sally pulled me in for a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry. Whatever did you do to deserve a dad like that?"

I started to think about all the things I have done to Sally, I still feel bad and I don't think I'll ever get over it. Sally let me go and Henry spoke up,

"You need to get out of that house. No one should never go through that. How about you move in with us? It will be so much better then your situation currently. It's no problem, really. We really enjoy your company here and would love to have you stay. Like I've said before, as long as you're dating my son, you will always be a part of the Fisher family. Hell you'd still be family even if you two were to split."

I finally let all of my emotions out which led to crying. He's such a great father, I wish mine was more like him.

"Yeah I've been planning on moving out silently, but I never fully packed because of that. Thank you so so much for letting me stay here, it means the world to me."

Henry smiled at me,

"It's our pleasure. Your safety and happiness is very important to us. Every time you come here, just bring your things little by little so your dad doesn't notice."

I would've brought a few bags over before I came here if I knew. I'm not sure if me declaring that I'm moving out once I have my things out would go so great. Maybe if I came out to him, he'd kick me out and not contact me again. It would be a win win situation for all of us.

It's terrible that I can never have a proper relationship with my family, and it'll get worse when I come out. It breaks my heart that people go through the same things I do and they don't have a place to fall back on so they just suffer in silence.

———————————————————————————

Its been a few weeks since Henry said I could move in with him and Sal. Today I finished packing all my things, well all except for my mattress. I can get that later.

I'm very nervous and scared because I'm going to come out to my dad today. He's not going to take it well, I know he isn't. I told Sal to not come, but he insisted in case things go south. I told him to wait outside for me instead of getting in harm's way.

With my final bag strapped tight to my back, I slowly walked down the stairs. It's a Friday night, and he usually spends them in the living room, and that's exactly where I heard him.

I put my bag down on the stairs just in case if my dad sees it and flips out and figures out my plan of getting kicked out. You never know what this man will do, if I can even call him a man. He treats people so cruelly, I'm glad I could rise above it and better myself.

I could see out the front window and I could see Sal and Henry waiting there for me. Henry waved at me and Sally gave me a thumbs up. Those two are so alike, it scares me sometimes.

I finished walking down the stairs and turned the corner into the living room.

"Hey, uh dad? Can I speak to you for a minute?"

He rolled his eyes at me and paused his show,

"What is it? Can't you see that I'm busy?"

I started to shake, it makes me so sad that people have to go through this.

"I'm s-sorry, it's just,"

He sat forward in his chair,

"Spit it out."

I practically shouted,

"Dad I'm gay!"

He stood up very slowly, not breaking eye contact.

"Get out of my house. Get out before I beat your ass! You are not my son! You are not welcome here you little demon!"

He threw the remote at me and I dashed to the stairs to grab my bag. I was out of there. I ran outside to see Sally and Henry. They gave me a hug to show me that it was okay. Everything was going to be okay, I just had to keep holding on. I'm finally happy, and finally with the people that I call my real family.

THE END

———————————————————————————

I'm so sorry that this chapter is shorter than usual but since this was all prewritten, I can't really change it unless if I really wanted to, and I want to stay as true to my writing from well over a year ago. I'll be posting the alternate ending right after this!