Part 8

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT I FINISHED POSTING THIS STORY ON HERE BUT I DIDN'T! I'M SO SORRY GUYS!

Henry suddenly bent down and hugged the both of us. It stayed this way for a minute until he let us go.

"Sal, you know I love you no matter what right? I support you 100% and I'm glad you felt safe enough to tell me something this personal. There's nothing that I care more about than your happiness and safety.  Travis, you're such a great boy, I'm glad Sal picked you. You already know this, but if your dad ever finds out and kicks you out, you can definitely stay here. As long as you're dating my son, you're a part of the Fisher family."

This brought tears to my eyes, I hugged Henry again,

"Thank you, for everything!"

I could hear him chuckle. I let him go and I couldn't stop smiling, Sally is the same exact way. I never knew parents could be so great before I met Sally's dad, I always thought every parent acted like my dad. I thought it was normal. It was only when I got older I started to notice things, like the constant abuse.

Maybe that's why my dad would never let me leave other than school, he wanted me to think it was normal so I wouldn't tell anybody. And nobody would expect a preacher to do something like this, so he easily gets away with it.

Henry looked at the two of us,

"Hey Sal, I need you to get a few things from the store, do you mind getting it for me? Travis will you please go with him?"

Henry holds out a list and Sally take the paper,

"Sure thing dad. C'mon Travis, let's go."

This seems like an odd time for us to go to the store because Sally has all his friends over, but it's fine. We grab some money and Sally and I walk out the door and over to the elevator. We go down to the first floor and head over to the door. I grab Sal's hand as we make our way out of the Addison Apartments. The store is about 8 blocks from here so it will take us a while to get there, get the things, and come back, but we'll manage, we always do.

We were about 5 blocks to the store when I spotted something in the distance, is that...my dad?!

He was about 50 feet away from us, and he was walking towards us. What is he doing? Its Saturday and he said he'd be at the church all day!

I got so scared that I just froze and almost fall over. When I stopped walking, that caused Sal to become confused and so he stopped too.

"Travis? What's wrong sweety?"

All I could do was point at my father's direction, I couldn't even speak. I instinctively let go of Sal's hand.

"Oh no. Get into the bushes behind me, I'll stand in front of you so he won't see you when he walks past us."

I dove in the bushes behind the two of us and he stepped in front of me made sure you couldn't see me from the outside.

My dad was about 20 feet away at this point. I don't think my dad was paying much attention to where he was going, so I think my chances of not being seen just increased.

When he got to us, my dad ran right into Sal, almost knocking him over. I wanted to jump right out of the bushes and punch him in the face.

"Oh pardon me...sir? I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. My apologies."

"It's no problem, preacher."

My dad turned back around and took another step, he he stopped in his tracks.

"Something smells....queer."

He whispered the word queer hoping Sal wouldn't hear it, but he did.

"Um...excuse me?"

My dad quickly turned around.

"Are you a member of my church? I've never seen you around before. Although you do seem familiar. Perhaps my son has spoken about you. Blue pigtails and a prosthetic mask are hard descriptions to miss. Maybe my sense of smell isn't tricking me after all."

He stepped closer to Sal, making me to become even more anxious than before. I should be protecting him, even if my father hurts me, Sal will be safe.

"N-no sir, my dad and I just moved here not that long ago, and we haven't had a chance to speak to many others, or seek out religion quite yet."

I see a look of disgust in my dad's eyes, but there's people around so he can't make a scene.

"Yes I remember now, my son has spoken about you before. He says that you are a homosexual, and my child, we can help you. You must stop living this way, and seek out redemption!"

There was a slight pause.

"Please child! It is the only way that God will love you! Please hear my worlds, there is still hope for you."

Sal coward back in fear,

"Y-yes sir, I'll definitely consider this offer. Thank y-you."

"Good. I'm very glad you're willing to change for the greater good."

My dad turned back around and started walking away. When he got out of seeing and hearing distance, I leaped out of the bushes and embraced the boy I love the most. He just collapsed into my arms and started crying.

"I'm so so so sorry Sal! I'll never make you do anything like that ever again! I should've protected you, especially after all you've been through, after all I've put you through."

Sal looked up into my eyes.

"Travis, you don't owe me anything. Please don't feel like you need to repay me for our past, I've already put that behind us, it's about time you do too. And for the reason why I'm crying, is because I've struggled with accepting my sexuality for so long, and I'm not only crying for myself, I'm crying for all the people that have experienced homophobia, from small amounts to extreme amounts. I'm crying, for people like us, for people like you. I know I've had a rough past, but that doesn't make you past of abuse any less valid and real. You matter Travis, just as much as I do."

Now it was my turn to cry.

"I love you Sal, nothing will ever change that!"

We finally let go and kept walking to the store. Once we got there, I directed Sal to the bathroom. Him crying must have gotten the inside of his mask all wet and it should be taken care of, because soon it's going to start to get smell gross. I'm not saying he's bad at taking care of his mask, he just properly cleaned it.

Once inside I took his mask and started wiping off the inside of it. When I was done I turned around to put it back on it but stopped when I saw a huge smile plastered across his face.

"What?"

Sal only smiled bigger,

"Oh it's just- You didn't have to do that you know."

I put the mask back on him,

"Oh I know. I just don't want it getting gross. I want you to be as comfortable as possible."

We walked out of the bathroom and got our things that was all on the list.

ONCE AGAIN IM SUPER SORRY TO EVERYONE! I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I HAD ALL OF THIS POSTED!