A promise

TW for this chapter⚠️ abuse, verbal abuse

Waking up to the sound of her screeching alarm, Adora turned over, hoping for a few more minutes of sleep.
"Wake up deary, you've got school again." Madame Razz said, bursting into Adoras room, pot and pan in hand.
"Morning Razz," Adora whispered, her voice hoarse and her hair a mess of curls and tangles. "What are you making?"
Razz looked down at her hands, seemingly as if she forgot what she was holding.
"Oh, I'm making a pie, it's a very special day." Adora blinked at her, shrugging off her special day comment as she left the room.

"ADORA." She peaked her head outside her room as Razz interrupted her getting dressed.
"Yes grandma?"
"Where's the sugar!" She heard light shuffling, cupboards opening and then a gasp of surprise. "Oh here it is, thank you Adora deary."
Laughing at her Grandma's forgetfulness, she was harshly reminded of another time, someone else who also loved her grandma.

"Adora wait!" Catra shouted, her feet hitting the gymnasium floor with a slap. Launching herself at Adora she managed to snag her hair, pulling her back.
"Cmon Adora we've got to train." Laughing at Adoras pout, Catra moved them closer to the rest of the team.
"But I need food, and the vending machines right there!" Adora whined, pulling a ten dollar note out of her pocket.
"Fine, go get food, I'll cover for you."
Running out of the doors, Adora quickly got her food and returned to the team right before practice began.
"Where is she Catra? Don't play dumb with me." Coach Weavers voice pierced the air, tension coating the atmosphere in the gym. Adora hurdled towards the office, spotting Catra messy brown pony and their coaches tall dark figure.
"I'm here." She shouted, shoving open the door to the office, her eyes first going to Catras face, and then her arm, which coach weaver was tightly gripping.
"Then let's get started." Their coach shoved catra towards Adora, not bothering to check her for injuries.
"I'm so sorry Catra." Adora whispered, whipping away the tears from the shorter girls eyes as they made their way outside. "From now on we stick together, nothing bad can happen if we stick together."
"You promise?" Catras voice broke, tears slipping once again.
Adora smiles softly at her best friend.

"I promise." She stared at her phone, gripping it tightly. She had Catras number, how long since she'd messaged her once best friend, two years? Three?
It didn't matter anymore, Adora had left Catra, she'd moved to Bright moon when Catra didn't want to, she'd broken her promise.

And now she had to live with that decision, forever.