I know this is important

A/n: Ooh! It' nearly here people!

***

Mitsuko winced when she was shoved on onto the tiled floor when the blindfold was ripped off.

She blearily opened her eyes and forced herself onto her knees as she looked around, her classmates were all with her and they were surrounded by a group of weird-looking men who looked straight out of a strange neo-apocalypse parody.

"Who are the Akira rejects?" Mitsuko muttered.

Fuwa looked up brightly. "You actually watched the movie!"

"Shut up!" A man with an eyepatch shoved their shoulders hard.

Mitsuko glared up at him. Well, fuck you too!

Karma looked just a little wary when he looked up at the man, seeming to recognise them.

Her brow furrowed, looking over at the tall and most intimidating one of their kidnappers who had a scar on the left-hand side of his face, he was a tall man in a black overcoat who had long black hair that was slicked back.

She tensed, narrowing her eyes at him the longer his smile stayed in place.

"Where are we? Kanzaki looked around quickly. 

A man in a suit, wearing glasses and a bad haircut, stepped forward and smiled down at them smugly. "HQ of this operation," he told them. "We've commandeered a facility belonging to the Ministry of Defence." His smile was a mimic of pleasantness. "You'll be kept in protective custody until the assassination is completed."

Her eyes widened, nearly choking. "W-what?"

"Oh, shit," Sugaya swore from behind her.

The nameless man in the suit kept talking, growing, even more, smugger to the point Mitsuko wanted to punch him in the face.

"You've gotta be kidding?!" Terasaka yelled.

"T-That's fine by us!" Hara looked panicked. "Just hold off killing Koro-sensei!" she yelled at the adults who stared back at her like she was a hysterical child. "There's no reason to kill him!" Hara tried to reason, causing Mitsuko to cringe. "The chance of him exploding is less than one per cent, you know!"

Mitsuko stomach twisted when the adults remained unfazed like Hara was just repeating the same facts they'd already memorised, which most likely was the case. She cringed more when the nameless man in the suit's smile grew as he adjusted his glasses.

"You children may find it hard to grasp," his tone grew condescending. "But whether the chance is 1 or 100 per cent, the public still wants him dead."

Mitsuko hunched her shoulders in more as the man continued to patronise but otherwise also state the facts of the situation.

"We should have seen this coming," she whispered.

Fuwa grimaced when she heard her. "Yeah, we should have..." Her face grew oddly serious. "The government hasn't exactly cared that much about us, and Koro-sensei is way too OP for them to not see him as a threat, but still..." She glared at the man who kept talking. "They don't have to be such jerks about it."

Mitsuko nodded, glancing at the rest of her classmates who was growing angry as well, especially Terasaka who had started to shake.

"...The target was a bloodthirsty assassin in his previous life," the man continued, causing her thoughts to slip back to what Koro-sensei had said on the roof at Christmas. "You need to think of how his victims felt."