Chapter 1

He was punching the bag over and over again, the memories of his father tormenting him. Every punch he took, every tear he shed, every time he was at the gym on his own he could relive it over and over again. With every blow, his punches got stronger, but not even once he lost control. He couldn't give himself the luxury of getting hurt, if that happened he wouldn't be able to compete, and competing was everything. But it was impossible for him not to get angrier by the second. His memory tortured him every day, but mostly every night. The clock ringed, letting him know the jiu jitsu class was about to start and he didn't feel like staying like he used to. Maybe next time. In silence, while the music coming out of his earphones filled up his void, he took out his gloves and put them away. He went down the stairs and headed to reception, finding his best friend flirting with the guy who worked at the front desk. It wasn't something he hadn't seen before, but it still bother him a lot. He walked to where they were and placed his bag on he floor making some noise and scaring both of them. He opened the refrigerator and took out a water bottle, while he drank it he paid for it, giving the money to Jisung, the receptionist. His friend and Jisung laugh to shake of the small scared they had.

- Chris, I'm going out with Jisung and his friends to grab a drink and maybe go dance somewhere, you in?

- Let me take a shower and we can go. - he didn't want to, but the hopeful eyes of his friend made it impossible for him to say no. But he stayed always inexpressive, used to hiding his sadness with his constant bad mood.

Chris showered rather quickly and he was about to get dressed, with the towel wrapped around his waist, when he was surprised by Minho. Because the idiot of his friend enjoyed trying to scare him all the time. But with him all the anger and hateful looks didn't work, he could see through all of it. While laughing, his friend sat next to him.

- For some reason I never get to scare you. - Minho said with a happy smile on his face. The future Chris knew he should've cherished that smile more than he used to do.

- Because you make a lot of noise idiot, I heard you come in. - A small smile crept in, making it difficult for him to maintain the stern look he had.

- Whatever. The thing is, if I win Sung's friends over, the next time I ask him out he'll say yes. So, if you feel like flirting with one of them, don't.

- Minho you know I won't. If I go out with someone it won't be someone who I can cross paths again. Besides that, they are probably kids. I'm going because you asked.

- You are so sweet, we'll wait for you outside. - Minho said sarcastically. He gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and ran away, before Chris could hit him.

A little smile wanted to escape his lips, the moron of his best friend always knew how to get on his good side, even if it was by bothering him.

He left the locker rooms and he looked somewhat acceptable. The only thing that was a bother was his bag, but he could leave it in Minho's car anyways. When he was getting closer he saw his friend way too attached to Jisung while whispering something in his ear. He, inevitably, rolled his eyes. For some reason, he couldn't stand seeing Minho flirt with anyone. It maybe was because his friend always ended up disappointed and with a broken heart. And it didn't matter that Chris thought Jisung was a cool guy, he was going to raise Minho's hopes of becoming something more than just friends and then his friend would be crying on his shoulder when it didn't work out at the end.

- Ready to go?

Both of them got scared and Chris couldn't help but laugh a bit. They've been so focused on each other, they didn't hear him approaching. Jisung was really blushing out of embarrassment. The three of them headed to the car with the owner leading the way. And Chris took that chance to talk to Jisung for a moment.