3.8

"
i'll
curbstomp
a
wheelchair
"
_________________________

LOVE WAS IN THE AIR——the three long awaited words were finally spoken, and lexie and miles couldn't be happier about it.

they both slept extremely well and peacefully after the events that took place the night before...

"i love you too" lexie breathily whispers while maintaining eye contact with the boy in front of her,

miles couldn't contain the slight gasp that escaped his plump lips at her words, he wasn't sure if he heard that correctly,

"y-you do?" he whispers so softly that it was barley audible, his eyes haze over as he stared at lexie.

"of course i do" she replies just as soft as him, if not even softer.

he leaned forward and pressed his soft lips against hers, both of them melting into the passionate kiss.

they both pulled away before staring into each other's eyes, she rested her head on her shoulder, cuddling up to him.

"can you tell me a story?" he lightly asks while caressing her hair softly,

"what do you want to know?" she asks in an angelic voice, he softly smiled before responding,

"anything, just listening to you talk makes me happy" he says, her heart did a slight jump in her chest as she bit her lip to hide back her small smile that was developing.

she began telling him the story about how her and her friends egged someones house once and had to run from the cops but she face planted and the cop nearly caught her.

as she told the story, miles began drifting off to sleep, feeling at ease knowing that the feeling was mutual and that he didn't need to worry.

"take that rob" he thought to himself before he fell into a deep sleep.

as lexie finished telling her story, she glanced down beside her and saw that miles had fallen asleep, she smiled at how adorable he looked.

she played with his hair softly before her eyes began to well up with tears of sadness,

"i'll make sure i don't leave you..." she whispers softly,

"...i'll talk to him tomorrow, i'll fix it..." she said before she laid back and shut her eyes before drifting off into a deep slumber just like the boy beside her.

lexie shot up from her slumber as she heard a voice beside her—-she sat up before looking at the doorframe, kate.

kate cleared her throat uncomfortably while staring at the two teenagers who were sleeping beside each other.

"uh..." lexie awkwardly said while staring back and forth between kate and miles who was sleeping beside her,