Friends

Her doe eyes sparkle as she scans the poster once more

"I haven't played Piano in two years! It's impossible..." She places her right hand against her forehead, quite thoughtful. She does not even remember the feeling of improvising her endless thoughts in front of a piano.

Or Thats what she tried to persuade herself.

"If you win this contest we are gonna win 10 thousand dollars Mia! We need these money." Jungkook caressed the porcelain skin of her palm.

"I know we need money... But... But It's... It's hard for me! After all these years." Her substantial words didn't seem to change Jungkook's sharp outlook.

"The contest will take place in February or even later... You never know! There is plenty of time until then..." He was so presistent that Y/n didn't have any excuses that could use against him.

"Jungkook... I am not sure I am good enough after all these years... I would surely need guidance!" The girl confessed staring at her lap distressed. "Um... Can't we pay for a teacher?" The boy foolishly asked.

"We can barely pay for dinner. How are we gonna pay for a teacher?" Mia sarcastically fired back bringing Jungkook back to the real world. He was twisting his mind pressuring himself to think of something useful.

"Don't you have a friend at school? That can play the piano? Someone that could guide you?" He started spilling out different solution but as long as he was done Mia's mind just brought the image of the music teacher.

"What are you thinking about? Do you have a friend?" He asked again while Mia cleared her throat. "I-i have someone..." She shyly retorted but did down she knew she had nobody.

She just hoped she did.

"Really? A friend?" Jungkook jumped from his chair exhilirated. Little did he know...

"U-um... Yeah yeah something like that..." Just to reassure her brother she decided to lie and act like she has friends again.

"What's their name? Are you two close? Does they know Piano?" He started attacking her with question, which made Mia extra uncomfortable.

"U-um... His name is Yoongi... Yes He is an expert at Piano!" She gulped with the image he is gonna ask Mr. Min to help her.

"Perfect! So you are gonna compete!" Jungkook hugged his sister tight with a big table in between them. She pushed him after a while of struggling to recieve oxygen.

"I don't know if he will agree to teach me...I mean he could decline as well Kook." Mia reminded Jungkook the two sides of the coin so he exhaled sitting back. "But like... Aren't you friends? So why would he say no?" The boy smartly asks putting Mia in the awkward spot to conjure an extra lie.

"Cause he has a lot of studies... He wants... To... to go to Harvard... So he needs to study a lot!" She blurred out quite distressed trying to hide her rosy cheeks.

"Oh He seems like a smart guy!" Jungkook figures out and Y/n nods getting up. "Y-you can't imagine..." She whispered, making her way out of the kitchen as soon as possible.

As soon as she finds comfort in the safety of her room, her back collapses to the door and she slowly starts falling down.

What is she supposed to do now? She didn't wanna ask Yoongi about it cause she was sure about the obvious rejection but still... She reassured Jungkook she would.

Why does life has to be so hard?

_________________________________________

The next morning Mia lazily made her way to the kitchen, trying to prepare herself for school like any other usual morning.

The first thing she notices is the poster of the contest Jungkook probably forgot last time. Her hand palpated it before it landed back on the table.

She is a coward.

She was looking at the poster and her hands were already sweaty. She decides to leave it there and adjourn the kitchen. On her way to the bathroom she walked right outside Jungkook's room.

She was about to knock to greet her brother and then make her way to school. When she lifted her hand ready for the next action she heard a small sniff freezing her in her position.

She tried to eavesdrop only to have to deal with her brother... crying. She haven't heard him cry from when their parents died.

She felt a pain twitching her heart once and twice. As her eyes teared up she decided not to let anything destroy this family.

That's it she said inside her head.

She dashed down the stairway until she made her way to the kitchen once again. She gripped the paper and put inside her back.

"Jungkook I am leaving!" Mia screamed on top of her lungs so Jungkook could hear her.

"Talk to you later..." He barely was audible to her ears. She just stormed out of the house, entering the school bus like she does every single morning.

The first hour passed by really timidly, with her staring at small droplets racing down the classroom's window.

As soon as she heard the bell ringing she launched off, rushing her way onto the auditorium although music was not in her schedule today.

The bang of the door interrupted the invested teacher, playing a sonata with a lot of passion.

"Mia? Are you... okay?" He asked, scanning her without a clear expression.

"Mr. Min I need to talk to you!" She said taking additional steps closer to the stage until she was standing right next to the piano.

"Me?" He asks bewildered and the girls gulped before speaking back.

"Yes Mr. Min..."

---------