-2-

First thing in the morning, Kim Seokjin reached for his phone to check the latest headlines.

The sensual title track of Jeon Jungkook's new chart-topping album awarded Song of the Year at GRAMMYs

Global sensation and Korean national treasure Jeon Jungkook conquers the hearts of fans with another passionate ballad

Jeon Jungkook titled The Face of South Korea for the fourth year in a row

South Korean Statistics Center: 67% of South Korean children and teenagers aged 7-18 consider Jeon Jungkook their hero

Singer and songwriter Jeon Jungkook is to receive the title of Honorable Citizen of South Korea

Seokjin's managers were right to persuade him to delay the release of his new album. No one in South Korea released their music when Jeon Jungkook, the favorite artist of the nation, did. No one in the industry can stand a chance, not even the insanely famous rappers, whose lyrics are way too provocative for a Korean ear, and whose fan base is, therefore, mostly foreign.

The secret of Jungkook's overwhelming success is his perfection: stunning visuals, striking musical talent, apparent dedication to his art, warm-hearted character, and seamless reputation — all in one. He is adored internationally and praised nationally because he is flawless.

Seokjin's singing career was a success, but he was never good enough to beat Jungkook. He felt cursed to always be the second one in the charts. 

Gradually, Seokjin became obsessed with finding the flaw that could destroy Jeon Jungkook. Money was never a problem for him; the only obstacle was reputation. Seokjin had to act carefully, minimizing the risks of him being caught in a scheme.

This morning, he received a phone call from an unknown number.

"We have what you want. You can have it in four days for a special price."

"How much?"

"Seven hundred thousand USD. Bank account number will be sent to you in a minute. You have ten minutes to decide."

The man hung up.