-5-

When Jimin exited the police station, he knew he was being watched. Park wouldn't pay any attention to that, if not for the fact that the man watching him wore a red coat and circled the streets neighboring the police station out in the open.

After two minutes of walking the nearest couple of blocks, Jimin found him. The man sat crossed-legged at a table on a cafe terrace, with a flowered cup of tea in his hand. Jimin recognized him immediately, even though he had seen him before only once.

The night he first saw Kim Taehyung, four months ago, Hope won back the liquor factory in North Seoul. Powers were unequal, the situation was getting out of hand — in Hope's favor. They finally had an opportunity to unleash their rage and revenge their losses.

Jimin was showing his men where to carry the dead bodies, when Kim Taehyung appeared out of nowhere. He walked the blood-stained pavement in an absurdly spotless beige suit, then jumped fluidly into a moving car before Jimin could get his gun out.

That night was the last time Hope outdid Sugar. The latter returned the damages they suffered at the liquor factory tenfold, in unimaginably violent ways.

Jimin hurried his step, heading towards the terrace. The two men's eyes met. Instead of showing a natural bit of fear or at least some concern at an aggressively-looking man fastly approaching him, Taehyung smiled invitingly.

It was rumored that he was the right hand of Min Yoongi himself, but Jimin never believed that. He could be a psycho killer, but, most likely, he was just a hooker.

He looks like someone who would take that as a compliment.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked as soon as he reached the table.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, as if offended by his curtness.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jimin repeated the question, already starting to lose his temper at the man faking innocence so blatantly.

"Do I have to have something to do?"

"You better, or I'll assume you're standing in my way."

Taehyung tilted his head to the side lazily.

"What if I am?" he put the teacup down and leaned back. "You gonna kill me?"

"Unless I'm satisfied with your reasons for being here, I will."

Taehyung seemed completely unimpressed by Jimin's threats.

"I don't think you would, Jiminie, even if you had the gut," he said teasingly.

Nothing angered Jimin as much as not being taken seriously.

"You think the boys guarding you scare me?"

"No," Taehyung smiled, amused, before taking a sip of his tea. "I know the man guarding me scares you."

He managed to make Jimin uncomfortable.

"You think too much of you and your boss," he responded. "Or... whatever he is to you."

Taehyung licked his lips after taking another sip.

"I'll tell you my reason for being here, Park Jimin," he said after a short pause. "It's curiosity."

He is messing with my brain.

"You know you're not supposed to be here, right?"

"Yes," he replied meaningfully.

Jimin paused. Could Taehyung really be here without his higher-ups knowing? Maybe he plotted a trap, going against the peace their clan leaders made? Park wasn't too happy about the decision to make peace either, but he would never dare confronting his don's orders so bluntly.

"Does he—"

"Of course, he knows," Taehyung answered promptly. "Yoongi has ears everywhere," he beamed. "Anyways, I'm glad we've finally met. I like having powerful enemies, but it's nice to have a powerful friend as well."