-15-

As soon as the door of Yoongi's private room closed behind him and Hwasa, he took a deep breath.

"So this is how you're punishing me," he said, without looking at her, searching the shelves for alcohol.

Hwasa sat on a couch beside Yoongi's desk and said nothing.

"Switching sides like that— that's pretty impressive. I assume you think it's over for me?"

"Yes," she replied, emotionless.

"Oof," Yoongi exhaled. "Was destroying Sugar your initial intention?"

"Yes."

Yoongi took a sip from the glass he just filled with whiskey.

"I understand your motivation to some extent, but— How is this Jungkook boy better than me? You think he'll be less of a son of a bitch and stop prostitution all of a sudden? Set you all free?"

Hwasa remained silent.

"I hate you, Hwasa. Or admire you. Either one, for sure," the man chuckled. "You saved my life more than once, for God's sake, with this in mind..." he pondered aloud, until he noticed the unbothered look on Hwasa's face. "I'm no longer interesting to you, am I? Jungkook must be, for one, much more entertaining—"

"Are you done?" she cut him off coolly.

They looked at each other silently for a moment.

"Yes," Yoongi then nodded, his face still. "You can go."

Hwasa left the room without saying another word.

Formally, the Sugar clan still remained, as an ally of the revived Seagull clan, but practically, Min Yoongi was losing his power every single day. The only thing he could do was wait until one of his people questioned his authority first. After that, it would be all over for Min Yoongi.

Following his infamous father's footsteps, Jeon Jungkook was soon to reclaim the title of the most powerful man in Asia.

...Hwasa knew she had to act quickly; this could be her last day on the job, or even her last day alive.

Jungkook always wore long sleeves at practices, which made it obvious that he was hiding something. It almost felt like the young man didn't care if his staff knew he had a tattoo, he just didn't want anyone to see what kind of tattoo he had.

A few weeks passed when Hwasa finally had an opportunity to see it, when he wore a white shirt. She purposefully spilled some water on him after practice was over, then acted surprised and guilty enough not to get fired by her superiors instantly.

Jungkook looked startled, disorientated, almost panicking. Before he left the practice room, Hwasa caught a glimpse of his facial expression. She didn't expect to see a perfectly still pair of eyes. The look of his eyes was so still, in fact, that it almost seemed... angry.

That was when three major realizations came to Hwasa at once.

Jungkook had wings tattooed on his upper arms. He acted discombobulated, when, in reality, he was as composed as ever. Finally, he always wore a peculiar necklace with a bird as a pendant.

Hwasa could be wrong in her suspicion, but even if a slightest chance of it being true existed, she couldn't miss it.