-11-

A phone call at such an early hour alerted Kim Namjoon instantly.

"Officer Kim," Jungkook's voice was impossible not to recognize immediately.

He was crying.

"Jungkook? What happened?"

"They-" he sobbed. "They want you to come-"

"Where are you?"

"I- I don't know-"

"Are they hurting you?"

"Y-Yes," he weeped. His reply was followed by an audible thud. Jungkook wailed.

"I'll find you, Jungkook. Do you hear me? You'll be safe. They'll regret-"

Jungkook hung up.

When Jimin heard the sirens he knew immediately that something was wrong. The cops wouldn't dare do anything on Sugar's territory, especially at one of their key facilities.

Unless it was Kim Namjoon who led them.

Jimin couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the policeman break the club's front door. He observed, in shock, how the rest of the armed cops entered the building after him. 

Dumbfounded, Jimin realized that no gunshots were heard minutes after the occurrence.

As soon as he came to his senses, he called Hoseok.

It turned out that Jung Hoseok didn't know anything about what was going on at Sugar's night club right now.

"What should I-"

"I need to know what's happening there," Hoseok commanded. "I don't like being left behind."

Obeying his don's order, Park Jimin came closer to the building. Even though the peace agreement between Hope and Sugar wasn't yet broken, it was still extremely unsafe for Jimin to be here by himself, especially when Kim Namjoon was somehow involved. Right now, even though Park was, arguably, the best of Hope's people, he still wouldn't mind having a dozen mediocre Hope men at his back.

Jimin was alone when he entered the night club.

No one was guarding the entrance. The hall was empty. Only when he approached the door that led to the lounge did he start hearing speaking voices. Jimin froze for a minute.

Sometimes, speaking is worse than fighting.

Jimin reached for his phone to text Hoseok and ask for backup. His hands were shaking.

When Jimin held his gun in his shaky left hand, while trying to type with his right, the lounge door opened.

He was surrounded. The only thing he could do was press the send button.

Seagull