-9-

Namjoon's heart sank when he was told that Jeon Jungkook asked the policeman in charge to come to his dressing room.

To tame the growing feeling of guilt, he reminded himself that letting Hope into Jungkook's dressing room was a part of a larger plan.

"Officer Kim?" Jeon Jungkook was visibly shaking with fear, but he nonetheless bowed politely when Namjoon entered the room. "I'm sorry, I- I think- I think someone has-" he put his hand over his mouth abruptly, as if he was about to throw up. "My dressing room-"

The young man hasn't yet changed his graceful all-white stage attire. It was painful to see his angelic figure shudder.

"I'll call in a doctor."

"No," Jungkook cried. "No, please, I- I need your help."

"How can I help you?" Namjoon hated having to fake ignorance. He hated having to fake disbelief when Jungkook told him someone had broken into his dressing room and stolen his memory card. When Namjoon was about to proceed to the standard investigation procedures, however, Jungkook genuinely surprised him.

"No, officer, I-" his voice cracked. "If you could please- Please, make sure no one finds out-"

"What do you mean?"

"It's just-" the young man's body shivered. "If someone finds out about this memory card-" he looked on the verge of a breakdown.

"Can you tell me what's on that card, Jungkook?" Namjoon gently took his hand to try to calm him down.

"My past," Jungkook blurted out, finally tearing up. "I- I should've destroyed the last trace of it, but I kept it because it was- Because it was the last thing left from- my father."

What Jungkook said in the next couple of minutes left Namjoon breathless.

"I'm not-" the young man wept as he finished his story. "I'm not like my father, I'm- I'm not-"

"I believe you, Jungkook," Namjoon was doing his best trying to help him come to his senses. "I believe you."

"I-" Jungkook squeezed Namjoon's hand tightly, his swollen dove-like eyes searching for support in his. "I wanted- I wanted to be a policeman when I was little."

There was something in the way Jungkook said these words that almost made Kim Namjoon's eyes teary.

"It's okay, Jungkook," he said. "We'll destroy them. Together."