-16-

"Officer? Officer Kim?"

Namjoon woke up at an unfamiliar location, in darkness, to an unfamiliar voice.

He was relieved not to see Jungkook's face anywhere around him. Instead, he recognised a colleague of his — one of the bribed policemen who broke into the Sugar's nightclub with him.

"Where am I?" Namjoon breathed.

"In a dungeon, obviously," the man responded. "I brought you something to eat."

Namjoon couldn't think straight because of the pain crippling his whole body.

"Wh- I—"

"We'll talk everything out later. You need to recover first."

He sounded sympathetic.

"Why— What time is it? I can't see—"

"Later, officer. You must rest."

The man left, closing what sounded like a heavy metallic door behind him, and Namjoon started to process everything that had happened in the last couple of days.

Kim Namjoon wept, like a child.

Jeon Jungkook wore a black jacket with no shirt underneath, taking pride in his freshly inked tattoos. He sat back on his favorite couch, his feet, glossy black leather shoes on, on the glass coffee table. Only Hwasa was allowed to sit near him on his couch. The spot was empty — she was running late.

Jungkook turned Hwasa's club into his personal madness arena. Almost every other night he wanted a new person brought to him to humiliate and butcher in front of the growing audience of his followers.

Tonight was the night between Jungkook's regular violent escapades. Such nights, he would gather his favorites in the club's lounge and let them entertain him with news stories. His favorite ones were the mafia world stories of other clans losing everything they had to the Seagull.

Jungkook clicked his tongue impatiently when Hwasa entered the club's lounge.

"Where were you?" he asked.

"Running errands."

"Sweet," Jungkook chuckled as she sat down next to him. "Have you heard? A bunch of old Hopes tried to gather up and attack us."

"And? All of them dead?"

"Yep. I killed a couple of them myself," he smirked, then lowered his voice and continued even closer to Hwasa's face, as if leaning for a kiss. "I'm getting better at this. I wish you'd seen me when—"

Suddenly, two men — a former Sugar and a Seagull — entered the lounge. One of them spoke abruptly, "I don't want to interrupt—"

"Well, you just did," Jungkook groaned, withdrawing from Hwasa. "Go on now."

The two men exchanged worried looks.

"Kim Namjoon escaped from his cell," the former Sugar blurted out.

Jungkook's jaw muscles tensed.

"He did what?" he asked, coolly.

"He got out, but he couldn't have gone far—"