-13-

When Hwasa came to Yoongi's place, an hour after receiving Kim Seokjin's request, it was a couple of minutes past midnight.

Yoongi waited for her lounged on his living room couch. The man didn't have his Rolex on and smelled of his favorite whiskey. Apparently, since he got so comfortable already, he didn't expect anything significant to happen tonight.

Habitually, Hwasa sank into the couch next to him.

"I haven't seen you around for a while," Yoongi said absentmindedly.

"I've been busy."

"Oh?" he smiled sweetly. "Busy?"

"Getting you the information you want," she replied, a bit cooler than usual.

"And what is the information I want?" the man purred, assuming Hwasa's cold attitude was just a little tease.

When Yoongi was genuinely aroused, he could not function properly. He couldn't hear the serious undertones in Hwasa's voice, couldn't see the weariness starting to show on her face. He thought this was just a game and not a matter for serious discussion.

"Kim Seokjin asked us to find dirt on Jeon Jungkook, which I'm able to provide."

"Excellent," he whispered, his fingers entangling her hair.

"We can turn this situation into something that will destroy Hope," Hwasa asserted firmly, to make him understand the whole scale of the matter.

Yoongi smiled, "I'm all ears."

"I want you to let Hope have Jungkook's information. Let him know you let him have it. Make him think you planned a trap. Make him think he figured your trap out. Then, bite him."

"Sounds so tempting when you say it," he murmured.

He still wasn't taking her seriously.

"The boy is a Seagull," Hwasa said sharply.

All the amusement washed off Yoongi's face instantly.

"How do you know?" he asked.

"Rumors."

Yoongi put a strand of hair behind her ear, his eyes studying Hwasa's face attentively.

"People talk about Seagull's son still being alive, but they don't talk about Jeon Jungkook being one."

"He keeps all his real info on a memory card. His real birth certificate. Their family pictures, videos... I saw all of that."

"You slept with him?" he asked, looking directly into her eyes.

"I'm his backup dancer. It wasn't too hard to get to his stuff."

"His backup dancer?" he raised an eyebrow. "Since when?"

"I have several side jobs. Helps me get more detailed information."

Yoongi stared at her face silently for a moment. He finally realized Hwasa was proposing a plan.

"You're saying I should let Hope have the memory card with—"

"Taehyung will steal it from them before they see it. Don't tell him about this, and he'll distract Hope when trying to figure everything out. Also—"

"Do you understand—"

"He is a Seagull, but he's weak," the woman cut him off firmly. "His family history is enough to revive the clan, but he won't do the job. He's an idol, not a mafia boss. After he gets the revenge for his father's death, Seagull's power will be all ours."

"Ours," the sweet smile touched Yoongi's lips again. "I always admired your confidence."

When Hwasa met his eyes, she knew she already convinced him.

When Taehyung shut the door behind him, rushing to get Jungkook's memory card from Seokjin, Yoongi and Hwasa remained silent for a minute. Eventually, the man gestured to the woman to take a seat next to him, as they would normally talk.

"It's the first time Taehyung ever went against me like that," Yoongi said, noticeably impressed. "And you managed to predict that."

"Mafia men can be very predictable," she replied, smiling bleakly.

"Am I as predictable to you?" he asked, tracing the outline of her bare shoulder with his index finger.

"It's predictable to want to feel special."

"And what do you want, Hwasa? What's your interest in all this?"

"Same as yours," she replied. "Power."

"Over whom?" he asked. "Me? The whole Sugar? Over Hope and Seagull?"

"You are a good start," Hwasa smiled.

"Do it, then," he whispered, taking her hand in his, proceeding to slowly unbutton his shirt.

This was the first time Yoongi acted so bluntly. As the excitement from the imminent victory over Hope rushed through his blood, he assumed Hwasa felt equally thrilled. He leaned towards her for a kiss, but she turned away.

They both knew Yoongi could still make it happen if he wanted. That wouldn't be much different from what she did routinely at her job. The man, however, stopped, a puzzled look on his face.

"I love you, in my sick way," Hwasa brushed her hand softly against the fabric of his shirt, then buttoned it back. "But I will never forgive you."

Min Yoongi looked bewildered.

"You're punishing me for what your life has become, aren't you?"

"How would that be a punishment for you?"

"I'm not getting what I want."

"If sex is what you want, I'm a fucking hooker," she blurted out. "If you want affection, I just admitted that I love you. The only thing you're not getting is me pretending I don't feel sick."

Yoongi kept silent for a minute.

"You want to keep things as they were?" he asked eventually.

"Everything will be different soon."

"Yes, but— What, you want to have a normal life all of a sudden?"

"Not so sudden to me."

The man looked at Hwasa, as if he had never seen her before.

"After we're done with Hope, you want to quit?"

The woman smiled at Yoongi — fondly, yet bitterly.

"Yes."