𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

☆* 𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕒 *☆

'you picked a good time to come visit.' gio commented the next morning. he had the day off training, so the pair were slumped on the sofa together, eating breakfast and watching a random premier league game they'd found on tv.

'why?' kat asking, wincing as she watched one of the defenders almost snap the opposition winger in half.

'my family are coming from america to stay for the week. they're gonna arrive tomorrow sometime.'

'wait...what? do they know i'm here? do you want me to go stay somewhere else?'

gio giggled, watching as kat freaked out.

'it's ok,' he reassured her, 'i told them i had a friend staying with me already. i think they'll really like you.'

the next day, kat found herself alone for a couple of hours. gio had gone to pick his family up from the airport. kat was unbelievaby nervous, despite the american's constant reassurances.

'bake them something,' imogen suggested when kat facetimed her for advice. imo was the mum of the friend group, and always happy to help when one of them needed something, 'it'll take your mind off how nervous you are, and you know cake always goes down well.'

kat decided on chocolate cake. she had to slip out to the grocery shop to buy a couple of missing ingredients, but soon she was immersed in one of her favourite pastimes.

kat didn't even notice how much time had passed, until she was setting out the cake and heard a car pull up outside. she glanced up at the clock and shrieked, immediately starting to frantically try clean up the messy kitchen.

she'd only just finished when the front door opened. kat spun around, running a hand through her unruly hair to see a young girl standing there, looking curiously at her.

'hi.' kat smiled. she recognised gio's little sister carolina from the photos she'd seen around his house.

'are you gio's girlfriend?' carolina grinned cheekily at her.

'no,' kat smiled, trying to surpress a giggle, 'i'm a friend of gio's from canada. i'm kat.'

'i like you.' carolina declared.

'i like you too.' kat smiled.

[they will kiss soon i promise.]