𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

☆* 𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕒 *☆

there was only one day a year that kat woke up early by choice, and that was her birthday. she woke up extra early the morning of her eighteenth, and crept downstairs by herself.

the flat was full almost to bursting. the four flatmates had crammed themselves into kat and erin's room, which was the biggest, kat's siblings (jen and alex) had taken imogen and rose's room and kat's parents were in the guest room.

kat had offered the use of the sofa in the living room, but to her surprise no one had taken it. in fact, they seemed to have actively avoided sleeping there. kat had questioned what was going on, but soon let it go.

she smiled as she saw a small pile of presents sitting in the living room. resisting the urge to have a closer look, kat wandered through to the kitchen and made herself a cup of tea. it was bouthier tradition to start the day with cake for breakfast, so she made sure not to have anything to eat.

'happy birthday katwoman.' imogen was the next person awake. she engulfed kat in a sleepy hug and, rubbing the last traces of sleep from her eyes, ran through the house to wake everyone else. kat couldn't help laughing at how imogen seemed more excited than she was.

after about two hours of cake, presents and laughter, the eight people were lounging about watching one of kat's favourite movies when there was a knock at the door. kat stood up to answer it.

there was no one there, but lying on the doormat was a bouquet of flowers. kat picked them up, inhaling the sweet scent, and read the label attached.

𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬𝘢𝘵
𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺!!  𝘪 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦.
𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘰 𝘹𝘹
𝘱𝘴. 𝘨𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘺

kat frowned as she read it.

'hey guys, it says here i need to check the balcony.'

'who's it from?' kat's father stephen blandly.

'gio.' kat muttered, blushing.

'gio reyna?' kat's mother helena smirked.

'yep.' alex called over from the couch, not looking up from his phone, 'he chatted kat up online and now they're dating.'

'alex!' kat cried, 'that is not what happened.'

'really? i mean you have to admit it's pretty accurate.' jen commented.

'guys how about she just checks the balcony already?' rose sighed, 'it's gonna rain soon.'

kat unlocked the balcony doors and stepped out, wondering what on earth she was about to find.

'happy birthday.' a quiet voice spoke.

'gio!?'

☆* 𝕘𝕚𝕠𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕚 *☆

gio had forgotten the true meaning of warm by the time the balcony doors opened. imogen had snuck downstairs and let him in very early that morning and had locked the balcony doors after him so as not to arouse suspicion. he had dressed up warm but the biting wind still hadn't spared him.

'gio!?' kat gasped as she stepped onto the balcony.

'hey.' he murmured, smiling at her.

kat leapt forwards and embraced him in a bear hug.

'you're here.' her voice was disbelieving and she squeezed him so tight it was as if she thought he was about to disappear.

'so what's been happening with you?' gio asked a few hours later. the two of them were sitting out on the balcony, wrapped up warm in winter clothes and sharing a mug of hot chocolate.

'not a lot.' kat responded blandly, 'same old stuff. but what about you? what's it like playing champions league.'

'well...' gio murmured, feeling a touch overwhelmed. he hadn't intended the conversaton to go quite like this.

the next words gio spoke were blurted out, his words tripping over each other.

'kat, will you be my girlfriend?'

[yay!!!🥰]