Chapter 12

*WARNING: Mild sexual content in this chapter.*

I ended up in Rydel's room, sitting and wondering why I would put up with being treated like that. I lay back on her bed and stared at the ceiling, trying to just relax, but my mind being filled with too many thoughts for that to happen. As I was staring, I heard the door open and shut.

I sat up to see Ross standing there, looking hesitant.

"Hey. I wanted to talk to you," he said.

"Will you start yelling at me again?" I asked.

He sighed and shook his head.

"Let me explain," he said.

"Fine. But the second you start yelling at me is the second you're out of here," I said.

He nodded in understanding.

"Ok. I know I got really mad, but I actually have a reason for that," he said.

"Which is?" I asked skeptically.

He sighed again.

"We have. That's why I got so angry. We've had sex and you can't remember something so special to us, something so intimate."

I looked at him in shock, not really knowing what to say. He came and sat down next to me on the bed, his hand coming up to my cheek and his thumb stroking it softly.

"It killed me to know that something so precious that we did together, it's gone, just like that," he whispered, looking in my eyes.

I looked at him, trying to see any signs that he would flip out again and get angry, but I couldn't see anything like that. All I could see was sadness, deep inside. I don't know what came over me, but suddenly, I pressed my lips to his, wanting to take the sadness away. He seemed shocked for a moment, but he kissed back, his arms wrapping around my waist, my hands snaking in his hair.

Suddenly he pulled me back onto the bed, forcing us to lay down, still kissing. He rolled on top of me, his legs tangled with mine. I closed my eyes, as I started to see flashbacks of something.

"Please... kiss me back," he mumbled on my lips.

My lips finally started moving along with his and I felt him smile, which started to turn into a smirk. He pulled back and smiled wickedly.

"Wow... just as I think you can't get any more pathetic, you prove me wrong each time. You actually believed I wasn't angry at you?" he asked, practically in hysterics.

"Wha... you just kissed me?" I said, unable to form any coherent thoughts.

"Yeah, and you actually believed I liked you. Wow," he said, cracking up, before his eyes turned darker. "Don't ever make the mistake of thinking I like you, understood?" he hissed.

I pulled away, breathing heavily.

"Stop... stop," I panted.

He looked at me in confusion, trying to see what was wrong.

"What happened?" he asked gently.

"I... I remembered something," I said.

His eyes flashed with something that looked like panic, before his expression smoothed out again.

"What did you remember?"

"I... I remember you kissing me, and then getting really angry at me. What was that about?" I asked.

He sighed.

"Of all memories you could get back, you have to get back the one of us arguing. It was nothing, we were fighting, and we were about to break up, and I... I was trying to hurt you," he said sadly.