Chapter - 2

Oh who was she kidding. The night was far from relaxing.

2 hours into sleep, the akuma alert sounded. Marinette groaned, rolling out of bed and landing with a small "hmph". Kagami and Chloe were sleeping peacefully, so she decided not to disturb them.

2 hours later, she jumped into her room from the roof top balcony.

"Stupid Hawkmoth. Does he not sleep at night or did he decide to take 'evil waits for no one' literally?" Marinette muttered as she de-transformed.

Evillistrator had been akumatized again, and he was more dangerous. Adrien was sleeping, so she dealt with the akuma on her own.

She hit the bed, and fell into a deep sleep.

The next day, she woke up to Tikki shouting at her.

"MARINETTE WAKE UP!!!"

She shot up, and looked at the alarm clock.

8:30

"Oh MY GOSH TIKKI I'M LATE!!! CLASS STARTS IN 10 MINUTES!!!" She shouted, running around her room.

"Chloe had to help her father with something, and Kagami has a fencing tournament" Tikki said patiently as she watched her chosen running around trying to dress as quickly as possible.

"Ugh.... And Adrien has a photo shoot..." Marinette groaned.

She was going to hate that day.

The bell rang moments before she stumbled into the school. She tried to sneak her way into class but no such luck.

Whenever she was alone, Lila and her sheep cornered her, and would beat her up as 'payback' for what she did to the liar.

"Oh look it's Mari-trash" Alya said.

Marinette shivered. She wanted to retaliate, she really did, but she was afraid of hurting Alya. She didn't want to hurt her former best friend.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO LILA YOU B*TCH??!!!" Alya screeched as she stalked up the stairs towards Marinette.

"ANSWER ME YOU COWARD!!!! WHAT DID LILA DO TO DESERVE THIS??!!! I WISH I NEVER MET YOU!!! YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A SELFISH BULLY AND A SLUT!!!" She kept screaming profanities at her face.

Marinette felt tears stinging the back of her eyes, but she forced them down. She would not cry. She will not be akumatized.

She wished Chloe was here.

That's when the physical assault happened. Alya shoved Marinette to the ground, and before she could right herself, she drew her leg back and kicked Marinette repeatedly in the chest.

She let out a small scream. Alya had a good kick, and she felt one of her ribs break. She winced.

She pulled her up, and raised her hand to slap her.

Marinette closed her eyes and winced, bracing herself for the sting.

Why was it taking so long?

Marinette heard gasping. Did Alya actually slap her? Why wasn't she able to feel it?

She gingerly opened her eyes and gaped.

A girl was standing in front of her, tall and regal. She had flowing raven-black hair, softly swept to the side.

What surprised Marinette was the fact that she was holding Alya's wrist, preventing her from moving. She noticed her knees were shaking, and the only thing holding her up was the girl.

She clutched Alya's hand so tightly that it was white.

"Leave. Now." Those two words were enough to make Marinette want to sprint away.