Chapter Twenty Six- You Gotta Be Shittin' Me

Trey

Trey

"Oh my God!"

I remained poised as I drank a cup of coffee from one of her fancy mugs.

"Boy," Mama said flipping on the light switch in her dining room, where I'd been sitting in the dark waiting on her to wake up, "you scared the shit out of me. Why you sitting in here in the dark?"

"Waiting on you to wake up." I answered taking a sip, "we need to talk."

"About?" She said dismissing me as she walked into the kitchen.

I followed her with my cup of coffee still in hand.

"I know you paid Price a million dollars to try to get rid of Lori." I replied coldly.

She froze in place.

The coffee she'd been pouring into her cup started to spill over on the counter as she stared at me like a deer stuck in headlights.

"Your coffee." I said nodding towards the counter.

She quickly noticed the mess and swiftly grabbed a handful of paper towels to clean up the mess.

I stood there and watched her move about frantically.

"So you don't got nothing to say for yourself?" I asked.

"I, Uh, it wasn't like what you think..." she stuttered still wiping up the mess.

I threw my half full mug of coffee across the kitchen making even more of a mess.

"It's exactly what I think!" I shouted getting riled up, "where the hell is Lori, Ma?!"

"I, I, I..."

"Ma!" I screamed getting angrier, "stop playing. Where the fuck is she?"

Tears were falling down her face as she avoided eye contact with me.

"I don't know, Trey." She whispered.

"Tell me the truth!" I yelled.

"I am, I don't know where she is!" She replied desperately.

"What happened that day? The truth, Ma." I said walking closer to her.

She stepped back a bit, clearly terrified by my demeanor.

"I wanted her gone! She ruined your life!" She screamed back finally looking at me.