Chapter Twenty Seven- Daddy's Here Now

Trey

Trey

Her eyes locked with mine and didn't let my stare go.

Ron was talking to me, introducing me to the people in the room, but my mind wouldn't let me pull my attention away from her.

Before I knew it, I was gently grabbing her by the elbow and escorting her out of the room.

When we were out in the hallway, I grabbed her and hugged her tightly as she wept in my neck.

"Don't be mad." She whispered amidst her cries.

"Baby, why?" I said softly into her hair as I continued to hold her.

"She threatened me. I had no choice." She replied with her nails digging into my flesh.

It was almost like she didn't think I was real.

I knew the feeling cause I felt it right now too.

"I know what she did," I whispered, "you still shouldn't have left. And then, here of all places?! I been looking all over for you and this whole time this is where you've been?!"

"I'm sorry, I just did what I felt I had to." She said.

Instantly, I pulled away from her and held her by the arms to examine her body.

Her eyes bucked.

She was back to her normal size before pregnancy.

"Where's Noah?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"He's with Morgan at our place. I work here." She replied.

I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes.

She was okay; my son was okay.

That was all that mattered, however, my feelings were completely scattered now and I had not the foggiest idea on what was to happen next.

"I hope I'm not intruding, but is everything okay?" Ron asked tiptoeing towards us from the studio room.

Lori quickly dried her face and moved backwards from me.

"Yes, it's fine. I'm sorry, Ron." She quickly said.

"Oh, it's not a problem. I just am a bit confused, but I'm sure it's none of my business." He said looking between the two of us.

"We know each other personally." I responded to somewhat ease his mind.

"Of course," he said still seemingly confused by our sudden outbursts of emotion, "I'll let you guys have a moment. I'm gonna just step back inside."