Chapter 11

Me and Peeta walk through the door where everyone has gathered. Marcus was tied up in a chair. Thomas was still laying unconscious on a couch. Newt was standing in a corner. Everyone else was just fiddling around. Newts eyes went wide when he saw me.

"Maddie are you all right?" Newt asked.

"I'm fine." I said walking over to sit down on another couch.

"Maddie you're bleeding." Newt said. I could hear the concern growing in his voice.

"I said I'm fine Newt." I snap. I saw the hurt and confusion in his eyes. I wiped off the blood on my neck with my sleeve. I needed him and he wasn't there. If Peeta hadn't noticed I was gone I would probably be dead.

"Is there a bathroom?" I ask. Marcus nodded and gestured his head towards a door on the other side of the room. I went in the bathroom. I unzipped by backpack and pulled out my extra set of clothes. I changed into a red tank, gray jacket, and leggings then i stuffed my dirty clothes in there. I looked in the mirror. My neck was slowly dripping blood. That stupid boy grazed my neck. I sighed and dabbed a wet rag at it. I feel bad about snapping at Newt. He didn't know what happened to me. I heard the door open. I turned around and there stood Newt. He closed the door behind him and leaned up against it.

"Peeta told us what happened. Maddie I'm sorry. If I had known-" Newt started but I hushed him.

"There is no need to apologize. I'm the one who should apologize for snapping at you like that. I'm sorry. I was just mad. I should've easily been able to beat up those stupid guys. But I didn't. I had a moment of weakness. I let fear overtake me-" I said.

"Maddie you are the most strongest, brave woman I have ever met. It's ok. We can't all be strong all the time. There will always be a moment of weakness. And fear will always be there no matter what situation." Newt explained. He cupped my face.

"Newt. What if....what if something happens to you and I can't save you? What will I do then? If I can't protect myself then how am I supposed to protect you? I'll never be able to live with myself if something happened to you." I said. The fear was in my voice.

"I think we both know that not everyone is going to survive. You can't protect everyone. When it's my time to go I'll go. I could die tomorrow. A couple weeks. A few months. A few years. Maybe I'll have a lifetime. I will stick by your side even after I die. I'll love you forever and ever. I'll never leave you. Ever." Newt said. I kissed him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands wrapped around my waist. I pulled away for breath.

"I love you Newt. You're the light of my life. You've brought me so much peace. You've shown me love. I love you. I'll never let you go." I whispered. I put my forehead against his.

"Maddie you saved me. You brought me back from a dark place. If there was one person I could choose to spend the rest of my life with... it's you. It'll always be you. I love you." Newt whispered. Our lips met and we continued kissing. Passion ignited the fire between our lips. He pinned my hands against the wall with one hand and ran his hand down my body with the other all while ferociously kissing and biting my neck. He forced his hand up my shirt and played with my bra strap.

"As much as I would love to do this right now, we should go check on Thomas." I whispered.

"Unconscious Tommy has ruined the fun." Newt whispered. I giggled and he pulled back.

"Come on." I chuckled. I grabbed my backpack and we went back into the room. Everyone was staring at us.

"Look who finally decided to come out. Did you guys have fun with each other in there?" Minho said laughing. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch.

"You're such a slinthead Minho." Newt said. Minho made mimicking kissing faces towards Newt.

"Guys he's waking up." Teresa said. We all stood around him. Teresa sat down on the couch next to him.

"Hi. We have to stop meeting like this." Teresa said smiling. Pretty sure they like each other. I mean it's obvious right?

"Welcome back you ugly shank." Minho said. I elbowed him in the side.

"Looks like you've been having fun." Newt joked. Thomas rolled his eyes.

I heard Jorge yell and punch Marcus. I sat back down on the couch and watched.

"I'm sorry. You're gonna have to leave my house." Marcus said. Marcus' face was so awful looking. Both of his eyes were swollen. Marks all over his face. Bloody nose and mouth. Jorge beat him up good.

"Listen. I don't enjoy hurting you. Where is the Right Arm Marcus?" Jorge said.

"Wait this is Marcus?" Thomas asked shocked. Marcus laughed.

"Kid catches on quick. Are you the brain of the operations?" Marcus laughed at Thomas.

"I know you know where they are hiding. So tell me and I'll make you a deal. You can come with us." Jorge said.

"I burned that bridge a long time ago. Besides I made my own deal. You're the one who taught me to never miss an opportunity." Marcus said laughing.

"What's he talking about?" I asked.

"I'm talking about supply and demand. WICKED wants all Immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure the kids in, they get drunk, they have a good time, and then later WICKED comes in and they separate the wheat from the chaff." Marcus snorted. How cruel of him to do that.

"I changed my mind hermano. I do enjoy hurting you." Jorge sneered. He flipped the chair over and Marcus crashed to the ground. Jorge pulled out a gun and jumped on top of him. He held the gun against Marcus' head.

"Talk!" Jorge yelled.

"Okay! But I'm not making any promises. These guys like to move around. They have an outpost in the mountains. But it's a long way away. You got half of WICKED on your ass. You'll never make it." Marcus snickered. Jorge just smiled mischievously.

"Not on foot. Where's Bertha?" Jorge said smiling. Marcus frowned.

"Not Bertha." Marcus begged. Who's Bertha?